Disneyland First-Timer

Thank you! I really appreciate all the help from this group! And yes, those were my thoughts exactly at first. :joy: Like man, my eyes are really struggling to adjust from outdoor to indoor!! I was feeling old until my kids and husband stated commenting on the issue. Unfortunately, from your experience, is doesn’t sound like it was an anomaly. I think I noticed it most on RSR and PoC.

2 Likes

I had the same questions about security before our trip but were really pleased to have no line either day. I’m glad I didn’t take the extra effort to go to the Downtown Disney side (which I strongly considered). There were significantly more security booths that what I remembered in the past. Have a wonderful trip!

1 Like

Unrelated but how do you like the Zoe double? We’re thinking about buying one - mainly for the youngest two but curious if DD5 will fit comfortably.

1 Like

We love it! We bought it in 2016 for a WDW trip looking for a stroller that we could easily manage on the Disney busses (so light-weight, easy to collapse) and in those regards it knocked it out of the park & we made it our main stroller for Disneyland (our main park that we go to). It’s also super easy to navigate it around a theme park with crowds, which is a huge plus for a double stroller!

A couple of things we do always wish were different on it are: the shade covers don’t adjust- they just pull out to one spot and fold back- so to keep the kids out of the sun, you have to turn the angle of the stroller- but I believe we could buy an extender to help fix this, but we’ve never looked into it fully; also the mesh basket under the stroller is really flimsy so you have to keep it to lightweight things down there so it doesn’t rip the mesh/drag on the ground- so I can’t every pack it with bottles of water like I have with other strollers); and lastly, the cupholders can be hard to keep track of (to fit it in the back of our van we have to take them off & then we need to remember to re-attach them/find them and if we haven’t used the stroller in a bit they may have migrated around the van so they get lost- but we have also bought replacement cup holders I believe). But overall, for the ease of navigating, and easily transportable, it’s been amazing.

As for your DD5 fitting- my oldest is 9 (almost 10) & we bought the stroller when he was 4.5 (I believe that age he was around 41-42 inches, can’t remember weight) and he was always very comfortable in it. Up until he was 7-8 he could fall asleep in an instant and if he was tired enough, even standing up, so we always had the stroller for him because I was not going to carry his 46" 60 lb self (and neither was DH) after a day in the parks, and even at that larger age while not super comfortable, he wasn’t ever uncomfortable. They give quite a bit of headroom and being able to lay back the stroller gives some space as well. He even napped in it a few times when we opted to rest in the parks rather than make a trek back to our hotel room for a midday break.

One other thing to note, (probably because we kept our older kids in it much longer than the recommended weight)- we did have to buy replacement wheels for it about 2 years ago. Although, I believe the newer wheels (which were a LOT more durable than the original ones) are now on all the newer models that they make. But another pro is that we’ve been able to replace bits and pieces of it that need it while the rest of the stroller is still great so saving the cost of replacing an entire stroller.

3 Likes