Disneygirlmama Does Disney Take 2

We’re in the drive through for Zaxby’s right now. Then we’re about 30-40 minutes from our place! Trying to decide if I run to Walmart tonight or tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

:heart:

1 Like

Have fun! I’ll be following along.

3 Likes

Get it over with today!

4 Likes

Yay for you for being there safe – You know we all are happy for you and loving watching along!

2 Likes

Let’s see if I can get a few photos to upload the correct way.

Hmm. They look a little squished. Can’t figure out why the one is sideways. Sorry.

Got to the resort, unpacked, and getting everyone in bed. We arrived a little later than anticipated, partly due to actually stopping for dinner and partly due to it just taking longer than the GPS said. It was a full 10.5 hours including two 15-minute stops and one 30-minute stop. Rained a little from southern Georgia to about an hour out. All in all a better trip than last time, and it looks like we don’t have to replace the radiator on a vehicle this time. :smile:

Tomorrow…I have a call from 7-9:30 and need to run to Walmart for milk and bananas and such. We brought most of our food but need refrigerated and frozen stuff. We’ll do some swimming and relax, maybe head to DS. It’s so weird to be so close to everything. I know we’re not technically on property but man, it sure is close.

Off to bed. Sitting in the car is exhausting, lol.

17 Likes

The pictures bring back memories, we’ve stayed there a couple of times, but looks like they’ve done some updating! Glad your road trip went well and hope you have a fantastic time!!

2 Likes

Why is this so accurate?!

Can’t wait to follow along!!

4 Likes

Right??? It is same for a day sitting in front of a computer. I did nothing yet I am exhausted!

4 Likes

Wow, it looks lovely!

2 Likes

Every time (well, I guess this makes time number two) that we come here I’m all depressed about not being on Disney property and then we get here and it evaporates. We could never afford a place with this much space in the bubble. 2 weeks here and we only paid our timeshare deposit fees, which was $460 for both weeks. Technically maybe you could say the taxes are part of the cost, but we pay those no matter where we stay or if we don’t use the week at all. If you count them then it’s still only $2200 for 14 nights. It’s beautiful and we have space to breathe and spread out.

7 Likes

It’s wonderful!
I love having space.

2 Likes

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas @Ms.BarbsWildRide I dunno but I’m always just as tired from riding as my husband is from driving. I partly blame the kids. I mean, DH drives. I deal with every argument and need for the whole trip, all while stuck inside a small space. I think my nerves are just fried by the end of it.

5 Likes

I could ride in the van all day long.
Literally one of my happy places.
ROAD TRIP!!!

2 Likes

DD10 wants to go to TX to see some friends if they come back for Christmas. I’m like…that’s a long trip, lol. Even DH said “oh to be 25 again” or something like that, meaning that road trips were nothin’ 20 years ago but now it’s a lot harder on his body. I concur. :laughing:

4 Likes

Call done. Walmart done. Publix done. Had to go to Publix too because Walmart was out of Mickey bars. For those who come on a budget, a box of 6 Mickey bars at Publix is $8.19. My kids made the decision to get more for their money. They could each have 1 in the park or 4 at our resort. They chose 4. Preparing lunch and then swimming!

16 Likes

Great idea to do treats at “home!” So glad you have this time to relax and get some magic!

2 Likes

I love a road trip. To me it is much more restful than flying. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh they’ll get treats in the parks, too. We’ll just make it something we can’t buy at Walmart. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Absolutely! At DLR, there is a Target right down the street with a large selection of Disney merchandise. I used to take the girls there to get souvenirs. Definitely made the $$ stretch farther!

4 Likes