Disney World planning for UK travelers

Good morning!
Just trying to gauge interest in an idea I have. To all the UK travellers out there, how useful/of interest would it be to you if there was a UK-based service that offered to plan your WDW trip for you? Creating detailed, bespoke itineraries, handling your dining and FP+ reservations, offering advice and really taking the time and using experience to plan a trip specifically for you and your party to ensure you have the best possible time.

I don’t think there’s anyone doing this currently and from speaking to friends and family who have gone before it feels like even with all the information out there people are still missing out on a lot. This wouldn’t be a travel agency service, just purely itinerary creation. Let me know what you think. :grinning:

1 Like

Personally, not at all as I like to have control! I can see it being useful to people who haven’t been before and don’t know where to start though. But would those people realise that they needed the help? Maybe not till after their first trip.

3 Likes

Yes, for sure. Me too! :slight_smile: Good feedback.
This is just inspired by feedback from families I know have gone and have still had a great time but who didn’t really plan much and when they compare their trip to my family’s, they’re like … “Oh, we missed out on a lot!”

1 Like

Yes, I think most people don’t know other people who have been - I know I don’t, except through this group - so they may not realise that other people are doing so much more. We were lucky in that my mum and dad bought the Unofficial Guide before our first trip because they trusted it to be honest, so we’ve always planned like crazy people!

2 Likes

I guess it would all depend on the cost … I’m planning my families first ever trip and have found it painful but through this forum and a few books I’ve been able to put together a plan but if it wasn’t extortionate I would much rather use a service that could do it for me. After paying a massive amount of money for our trip I feel a fair bit of pressure to get it right

3 Likes

I would say there is a definate market for it, most people I have spoken to believe if they have been to DLP then they know what to expect :roll_eyes:if you look at the book Brits guide to Orlando, although a nice read, it gives you no real in depth to planning and how important it is. And this is the sort of publication a lot of Brits would go for. There’s nothing really out them to tell them differently, except the UG book, which I fell upon accidentally, not many Brits have heard of it.
But agree with @missoverexcited, most don’t realise they need to do so much planning until they make that first trip, even when I have given them the heads up about it…I’m sure they think I’m just over reacting!
I’m happy making my own plans though…:wink:

3 Likes

OOHH difficult question… I am a control freak and LOVE planning our holidays so for me I would hate someone else doing this for me… HOWEVER… there are people that literally don’t have a clue how important it all is and would definitely benefit from a planning service - They just to need to know how important it is in the first place! A friend came over the other night and casually mentioned they were going the week after we get back… I asked if they had organised their fast passes - their response… ‘oohh we don’t worry about that we will just get them on the day!’ this is someone who is taking 4 adults and 4 children to MK for only one day and hope to cover the entire park in that time!! Reality check I showed them how the touring plans work and she has now signed up herself!! So you are asking people on here - which in fairness is generally the crowd that are up for planning… its the people that don’t have a scooby do that need to be approached… I think its a great idea - you just somehow have to get in contact with that market … Good luck (GB supporter living in the North West!)

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys! :slight_smile: Lots to think about for sure.

1 Like

i think there is a market, probably towards the more luxury cash rich time poor people. My brother is in this category and they paid for a VIP tour for him, wife and 2 kids. I reckon there is a market for halfway between DIY and VIP. Someone to book all your dinner reservations and fastpasses etc for you and to draw up your touring plans etc. but probably not your average UK tourist.

2 Likes

There is a market, and I’ve thought about it myself.