Disney World Crowd Report

I was there for Marathon weekend in January and crowds were still fine. Transportation can be tricky though. Did you try Swan or Dolphin?

1 Like

@JustKeepSmiling, I was there in Jan during the marathon, too. I didn’t think crowds were too bad. Much better than when we’ve gone in June.

1 Like

And it’s very possible that most people doing the race prefer to stay on property, which would skew the numbers a bit.

2 Likes

I did - EVERYTHING is booked. I am currently at 4Seasons which is less than ideal. I guess I have never seen EVERYTHING booked before. Well, except for that one treehouse :smile:

EDIT: And a full rack rate Poly Club Level for $806/night (wow)

Mouse Fan Travel bought a bunch of rooms for that weekend - contacting them now. Excellent idea @SallyEppcot it never occurred to me someone was buying up rooms

4 Likes

At least I figured out who was sitting on all the resort rooms, Mouse Fan Travel still has availability for Nov 6-10th: Not Found | Mouse Fan Travel: Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Disney’s All Star Sports Resort $134 pp/do
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-Riverside $235 pp/do
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter $235 pp/do
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge $403 pp/do
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn - water view $623 pp/do
Disney’s Contemporary Resort $471 pp/do

2 Likes

Good detective work!

1 Like

Very interesting!! Are you switching now?

I’m glad you found something!

Absolutely - these are better rates than my AP discount would be if there were rooms available

1 Like

Let us know where you decide to stay!

So do you think that November will be busier than usually this year?
Why would someone want to buy up so many rooms?

I still think we’ll be fine. Maybe I’m sticking my head in the sand, but it seems unlikely that the first part of the week will be too bad.

@SallyEppcot Oh I think you will be just fine! Are you doing a MVMCP? I should also ask if you are running, but hoping this a just a for fun trip. How many friends are going with you?

No on both. My original plan was to arrive Tuesday, do F&W with my friends Wednesday and Thursday, and leave Friday. Then I decided to fly in Monday (11/3) and make Monday night and Tuesday solo MK kingdom days. Then I decided to fly out Saturday and add a solo HS day on Friday and a chance for Liner shenanigans Friday night. My trip has grown enough, so I’m not going to be there for the weekend.

Ooops. I missed the second question. There will be 6 of us together at F&W on Wednesday and Thursday. One is a local friend who I’ve known for 22 years. The others are good college friends who live in other states. Only one is kind of an unknown quantity. I did know her in college, but she’s more of a friend of one of the others and just an acquaintance of mine.