Disney with my girl! Mother/Daughter Live Trip Report

It’s called the Rotten Apple — hard cider and cinnamon whiskey.

4 Likes

That sounds… powerful lol

1 Like

I didn’t actually care for it but Abby liked the gummy worms :joy:

It was decided that the best park drinks were the grown up lemonade at Woody’s Lunchbox and LaVie en Rose at France.

5 Likes

Those are both great drinks.

1 Like

We chilled by the pool for a bit. My feet are in bad shape so as much as I would have liked to stay in AK, this was a better plan! We are now on the bus back to the airport :frowning:

Based on our experience, I would recommend other means of airport transportation. On our way from the airport, we did not have an actual Magical Express so no fun Disney videos or here comes the sign announcement. On our way back we are once again on a non Disney Mears bus. The driver loading the luggage told us to wait for the Disney person because they will tell us where to sit as they are the “mouse Nazi”. Even for the Tragical Express, not very magical or appropriate. If this is what the future looks like without the Magical Express, it’s very sad. It’s even sadder that the future, for us at least, arrived now rather than waiting until year end.

We had a great trip! Thanks for following along :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

Sadness.

3 Likes

True but I will be back with DH in 3 weeks so I can’t complain.

5 Likes

I forgot about that. How amazing!!

3 Likes

I will be there in 3 weeks too! It’s going to be a Liner fest.

5 Likes

Are you going to make other airport transportation arrangements for your next trip in light of your DME experience this time?

2 Likes

I had already rented a car for my trip next time since I’m staying DVC and my husband and I will do more resort eating. I’m glad I reserved it a long time ago before the crazy car rental rates.

It’s generally faster to either rent a car or take an Uber but I liked the Magical Express as part of the experience and to save money. If I don’t want to rent a car, I’ll probably opt for Ubers. If the magic is gone, I might as well get there faster.

7 Likes

Bummer about the asshat driver.
Thanks so much for taking us along!!
The photos were awesome!!
Safe travels home.

5 Likes

Thank you and thank you for following along :heart:

4 Likes

oh, Dumbo… :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The dude was a knucklehead for sure.

Glad you and Abby had fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip, it has been fabulous!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the great photos and trip report! So nice that you got to spend this time with your daughter!

2 Likes

Thank you for following along :heart:

2 Likes

It was nice to spend time with her (and not have to share with the friends or boyfriend :smile:) Thanks for following along!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the trip report!! Sounds like getting an Uber from the airport instead of magical express might be the way to go, huh? Sigh. If this is the worst problem we have while there in a couple weeks I guess I will smile and enjoy! I just always likes the Disney magic starting right from the airport. Taking hubby and another couple who have not been since childhood. Can. Not. Wait!!!

3 Likes