Disney/Universal “Dream” Job

Outside the parks: storytelling. I’m a writer.

Inside: a performer of some sort. A JC Skipper? An arendelle historian? A stepsister?

3 Likes

Those are great jobs! The skipper really does make that ride.

For those listing jobs like photographer(super solid choice) and skipper (meh, whatever floats your boat), are you factoring in that you can’t move from your spot…at all?

Sure you might get to migrate after a few hours, but for the most part… you are stationary. Except the skipper… you’re anchored. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would you change jobs based on this realization?

3 Likes

Oy with these jokes, dude. You might be best suited as a Skipper yourself.

:laughing:

3 Likes

I can see you having great fun with this!

2 Likes

Ugh absolutely not. Not since they took the pistol part out anyway.

I just enjoy punning around now and again.

1 Like

They made our trip in 2018 and I’ve loved them ever since. I wish I could post the video of Anastasia singing my son a lullaby as he is literally passed out in a chair in 1900 Park fare. We had kind of a rough day and she fixed it!

2 Likes

I have to wonder as to the content of this lullaby, given her stepsistery nature :laughing:

1 Like

Probably something along the lines of
Close your eyes
And go to sleep
Your parents spent a bunch of mon-ey
Later on then, you can cry
On the air-plane home, while you fly!

The other passengers will love you lots
Cause they can’t get enough cryin’ tots
So save it for now and pent it up
And let it out thirty thousand feet up

(Yeah yeah I know it’s uncouth to rhyme a word with the same word. But I’m tired. Shaddupayaface)

5 Likes

She just repeated the word lullaby off key and atrociously. It was awesome.

5 Likes

Oh… well that killed some dreams lol

1 Like

From someone who is CONSTANTLY rewriting songs with new lyrics, I applaud this effort. Not bad at all.

2 Likes

As a pianist, I’d love to play at Casey’s all day. Ragtime, Disney songs, popular tunes, whatever they’d want me to play. Would be a dream job in retirement for sure. Would love YeHaa Bob’s job too, but I’m not a great singer. Maybe find a singer & make it a duo. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is a great question! I am answering before reading anyone else’s response because I think about this all the time and am too excited to post my answer :crazy_face: I am a research psychologist/cogntive scientist, and one of the jobs I’m currently looking for to get out of academia involves a field called “human factors.” It deals with how humans interact with their environment, and has implications in almost every industry. I would LOVE if Disney added a human factors or psychological research component into imagineering- like how people interact with ride vehicles or land designs, or how people react emotionally to ride elements etc etc. So far, I’ve seen no such position.

I also have owned a portrait photography business, and love taking pictures of families with young children. The cameras they use for photo pass are very similar to my own camera, so I wouldn’t have to learn how to use the equipment or anything.

DD7 wants to take care of the horses at the ranch. She saw one of those shorts on Disney+ that features different jobs, and now she knows that’s a thing :grin:

5 Likes

Fun ideas. Love seeing the different passions/thoughts on this.

2 Likes

Is it true that cast members rotate among many jobs? I heard that one day you can take tickets, another day you can serve ice cream and another day you can be Mickey Mouse. Seems exaggerated.

Probably true to some extent from time to time but not to the extent you’re describing and unlikely to be on the regular. I’ve never heard any former CMs talk about this being the norm. Usually they will say, “Oh I worked at XXX attraction/restaurant/shop”. I’m sure they cross cover if needs arise and they have been trained, as with many jobs.

1 Like

My dream retirement job is being the Santa at MVMCP. I already have the beard and the belly…

4 Likes

Kiliminjaro Safari truck driver! Especially when they hit a big “pothole” in the swampy part and everyone bounces around - you know they get some secret joy out of it!

8 Likes

That’s a close second for me behind WAT tour guide

1 Like