Disney/Universal “Dream” Job

You don’t actually have to quit your day job, BUT what specific job (at a ride/restaurant/role/character) would you want? Fun game to play with the whole family on the way home.
Me? Carrying around those huge “Ask Me!” Circles at Universal actually looks fun to me.
Or helping assemble lightsabers at Savi’s would be up my alley.
You?

3 Likes

Project management or operations - I would LOVE to be part of making it all happen (behind the scenes). The logistics alone fascinate me.

2 Likes

I want to run around sprinkling pixie dust! Can that be a full time CM position? :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

A tour guide in The Land pavilion.

3 Likes

I mean in reality any job that lets me get a visa and live near Disney World!

Fantasy job I think the various jobs taking kids on tours would be great… the magic kingdom treaure hunt, pirate cruise on epcot ones etc.

3 Likes

I’d love to work in Diagon Alley!

2 Likes

Animal kingdom absolutely anything!!! Or decorating for all the seasons/holidays/festivals.

3 Likes

Sure you can!!! Great job idea! Makes me want to think of how I can actually do surprising things for people in my real life.

2 Likes

I’d love to work for their education division - plan experiences for youth trips

2 Likes

Imagineer. (Or whatever the UOR equivalent is called.)

3 Likes

This my fantasy retirement job! I have a project manager who worked at Disney on my team and my recruiter used to work for Disney who have both told me that I do not want to do this as a retirement job.

My other choices would be jungle cruise skipper or Jedi training Jedi.

3 Likes

I’d want a job riding or caring for the horses. Are there any horses in the parades that aren’t characters? I don’t really want to be a character.

5 Likes

I thought about jungle cruise director as well!!! They make the ride.

3 Likes

This. Covert “Experience Enhancer”. Be in the parks, see someone do something or experience something warrants some sort of upgrade? Boom. I’m there.

Can be easy things.
A kid using his/her manners? Fast Pass to their favorite ride.
Someone having a meltdown about Haunted Mansion? …VIP experience to Haunted Mansion for fun spite :smiling_imp: (callback to my one trip report)
Someone picking up trash when they think no one is looking? Have a QS meal.

stuff like that.

…unless you meant ACTUAL pixie dust and basically just throwing glitter on people. In which case: you’re a monster.

20 Likes

Dream job I always wanted as a kid - Bellhop at ToT. 100%.
but I like the idea of the pixie dust sprinkler, too.

6 Likes

Haha! Down with actual glitter!!!

3 Likes

Cashier at Hundred Acre Goods or a job where I fulfill magic band orders. I imagine being in a room with thousands of magic bands all different designs and getting to fulfill those orders and send them out would be cool.

5 Likes

Well I am a librarian, so my dream job is Disney librarian, but they are only in Glendale. Also not in the parks technically but for a “behind the scenes” job I would be a wedding/event planner. In the parks, definitely ToT or HM.

6 Likes

I had a nightmare about this. I went to Disney and on a lark I applied to be a performer. I got the job. If you knew me, you’d know that being a performer IS a nightmare. Why it was a lark then to apply, don’t know, dream logic. I didn’t tell my real job that I was quitting and I didn’t WANT to quit. On a day off from my Disney job I ran into some people from my real work and I was chatting with them when my boss (the actor who stayed home in Quantum Leap) hassled me about why it wasn’t in my costume and why wasn’t I working. It was so stressful I woke up rather than answer.

4 Likes

I would love to either work at Animal Kingdom somewhere along the Gorilla Falls trail or anywhere in the parks as a photographer.

3 Likes