Disney survey, anyone?

I got the survey and it was interesting to take from the perspective that I am “likely to cancel”. My sense was

1. they are worried everyone with reservations are going to cancel this fall, or at least they need to plan for the reality of who is coming, not what is on the books.
  2. they want to know why people are cancelling- is it their policies or (like in my case) the reality of a global pandemic? Is there anyway they can entice you into keeping that reservation.
  3. they are separating out resort stays from theme park visitations. It is clear they need to plan separately for each. But it also felt like they were trying to entice me into a resort only stay. (Would you, could you, without the park?
  4. they want to make sure your responses are not whimsical but reality. (I have never done one of their surveys where they asked if I am the planner. Based on accusations thrown at me, during a tantrum my daughter had in HS at the age of 5, I am ALWAYS the planner)
  5. they are trying to figure out how committed to Disney you are if you have a reservation.
  6. they are recognizing how DVC is driving current visits to WDW.
  7. they really want to know when people will be coming back.

Anyway, taking it live, that was my sense!

2 Likes

Those are good thoughts! I found it interesting how they were separating resorts stays from theme park visits. Is that where you picked up on the DVC thing? Because people may go to use their DVC points without going to the park? I didn’t think of that

As a new DVC owner (who has not gotten access to her points yet :roll_eyes:) I have been following DVC closely. There is a big problem because the number of available points are based on resorts being open. With them closed, there are too many points for everyone to be able to use theirs when the parks are open.

They want to “make people whole” but can’t have significantly more points out there than available room nights.This is one reason they opened DVC first, to get those points in use. They are also limiting how many points can be barrowed from future years.

Maybe I read to much into it, but if WDW has to close again for whatever reason, they will have a DVC problem. Close the parks but not the resorts, people will not be happy because you bought DVC o.j n part for the parks. Lose the resorts and you have a points problem. It seemed they are just trying to get as much info as possible in all areas!

1 Like