Disney survey, anyone?

I received a survey for my upcoming trip in November. Similar to @ryan1’s from June but slightly different so I have screenshots! A lot… of… screen shots. Phew. In retrospect, I wish I had taken it on the PC instead of my phone. In the future I will do so.

Let’s see… first they wanted to know where in the world I live. Then what best describes my role in planning family vacations (primary decision maker, duh). Then they wanted to make sure I knew about all their COVID changes (yes, I do know.)

2 Likes

I received the same survey. Glad you are posting the questions!

1 Like

Then they want to know how committed I am given the circumstances

1 Like

Then they asked how I plan to get there- fly, drive, other. Followed by:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

They asked how many nights am I staying at a Disney resort. How many days I will spend at the parks. If I made park pass reservations (yes I did). And which parks I made reservations for (all of them). And this:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Household financial impact and my touring style (I answered my old touring style, which will not be the same as my November touring style)

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s all the meat and potatoes. All the rest is age, household income, number of times to WDW, if it was in the last 5 years, month and year of visit, race, etc.

2 Likes

This is incredible data harvesting. I am shocked by how deep the questions delve.
:open_mouth:

1 Like

The one I find interesting is how how likely are you to keep your reservation.

1 Like

I actually found the line of questioning a little bizarre.

For example, it basically asks your likelihood of coming, to which we responded we are DEFINITELY coming. But then it goes on to ask IF YOU were going to cancel, what reasons you would cancel. But I said we are definitely going. So if there was some reason I wouldn’t go, I would have answered “Probably will” or something.

I’m wondering if the reason for this line of questioning is to judge how they can keep people from cancelling, or to attract more people to come. (It seems ironic that earlier they seemed to be doing everything they could to get people to cancel, and now they are like, “No! Don’t cancel! Please!”)

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that question. That way I could tell them that we won’t be going if the masks are still required for our January trip.

For my wedding, I had the guest list in an excel sheet. I assigned a probability of coming to each invited group. So, a family of three with a 50% chance, counted as 1.5 people. Then I added up those numbers and planned accordingly. The estimate exactly predicted the number of tables used. Note, everyone could have come, I just would have had to scramble for more tablecloths, etc. I see Disney doing something similar. Plus, if they knew, for example, that they’d definitely have masks during my reservation, then they’d change me to a zero count.

I can also see at first why they switched gears. At first, they wanted people to voluntarily cancel so that they didn’t have to give anyone else refunds. Now, they want the parks to be the max (lowered) capacity allowed.

3 Likes

First of all, I applaud that level of wedding planning. Light years ahead of my more binary likely/not likely guesstimate.

I’m hoping they aren’t trying to attract more guests. Without so many of the “extras” like fireworks and character experiences, the saving grace is the low attendance. If that starts rising but without the strategies for avoiding lines (FP, extra early arrivals etc) then it’s a lose-lose for us.

3 Likes

On the wedding, I am a natural Liner. Not a bridezilla though. I didn’t even tell our attendants what to wear.

At the parks, Isn’t there some max capacity that is some percentage of the normal max?

There is, but I’m used to visiting when crowd levels are in the 3-4 range (I do love a good shoulder season) so the number I’m used to is already well below full park capacity. The question is, how does that capacity compare to what they’re allowing now or where they want to go.

1 Like