Disney Studio Store/Soda shop worth it?

Booked everything (finally!) for Nov. trip except dining. I’m flying in Friday (noon arrival) and spending Saturday AM in Burbank at the Studios. Worth it to head to the Studio Store/Ghirardelli’s on Friday or Saturday afternoon? I love pins, and I love ice cream, so win-win? :slight_smile: Also, any advice for getting in line? I hear they have a ticket/paper system or something.

Thanks!

We went to it in 2012 and enjoyed it. That was before it was owned by Ghiradelli’s though, could order food as well as ice cream. We had Mickey waffles :smile:. My daughter got a studio store themed pin for her collection. Ice cream was yummy. We went on a trip where we weren’t going to DLR, so it was a little bit of Disney for us. Not sure about the line/paper system since that was not in effect when we went. If you go, park at the Hollywood & Highland shopping center. Then you can check out the other tourist things there: Dolby Theater (used to be the Kodak), the Chinese Theater, El Capitan, the wax museum, Hard Rock Cafe, etc. Parking in the lot there felt safe compared to some of the surrounding area. Be prepared for lots of “characters” out on Hollywood Blvd, they work for tips and expect one if you take a picture with them. Hope this helps you decide!

Thank you for the parking tip! I’d love to check out some of the other Hollywood hotspots while I’m there. As far as the roving characters, I work in NYC and frequent Times Square. They’re super common and super annoying, and luckily I’ve been able to resist their clutches thus far :slight_smile: