Disney Springs / Wilderness Lodge Day Dining

One of our rest days (a Tuesday) will start at DS and then to WL before pool time at FW and a 6 pm dinner reservation at Boma.
I’m struggling to decide what to do for breakfast and lunch.
DS5 can’t have dairy, so some of the go-to’s are less appealing for him (i.e. Homecomin’).
I’m thinking breakfast at DS and a light lunch at Geyser Point to leave room for a heavy Boma dinner. But I’m lost with picking a breakfast spot, especially one open on the early side.

WWYD? Breakfast in the RV, early lunch in DS? Breakfast somewhere at DS, lunch at WL? Something else?

There’s not a whole lot at DS for breakfast. I would probably just have something at FW/in the RV, particularly with two big meals coming up later in the day.

1 Like

Speaking from experience, the only place open in Disney Springs before 11:00 on weekdays is Starbucks.

Also transportation back to resorts from Disney Springs before 11:00 is very limited. As in, resorts that have buses to the Springs more than likely won’t have return service until 11:00. This is true all week long, not just weekdays.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s a great point about buses. Maybe it would be better to do WL as an extion of our monorail resort hopping.

Also, getting from WL to FW is more complicated than it used to be. The walking path is closed and the boat that ran FW-WL-CR isn’t running at the moment. You’d need to boat to MK then back to FW. Unless it’s returning before your trip and I just haven’t heard about it

2 Likes

There is a bus that runs continuously between WL and FW too.

3 Likes

Oh that’s good to know!

2 Likes

We’re in a few weeks and I haven’t heard any updates either, unfortunately.

That’s great info, @LTinNC82 - thank you!

2 Likes

My family usually goes for a light breakfast, a churro or a pretzel from a snack cart on the way into DS is the way to go for us!

1 Like