Disney Springs opening

YES!!!

Plus you’re ready for not only C19, but also all Level 4 biohazards like ebola, marburg, hantavirus…

1 Like

The CDC says you can use a bandana. So if you don’t mind looking like a train robber in a black and white TV western, it might be a more breathable option. It would certainly make for some interesting photo ops as you rode the train into Frontier Land.

2 Likes

Wine Bar George has released details of it’s opening plans.

Story here:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/wine-bar-george/news/08may2020-wine-bar-george-outlines-steps-it-will-take-for-its-may-20-reopening-at-disney-springs.htm

1 Like

Not really.

Basically just says they will comply with the rules.

The only real plan that is disclosed is use of phones for menu review vs paper menus

I was at the grocery story yesterday and the cashier was wearing a bandana as a mask. I couldn’t help but think the only thing that bandana is going to do is direct all her mucus right onto the conveyor belt!

1 Like

Maybe “plans” is a stretch.

But it confirms they are opening, it tells people what to expect and is a positive step.

I’m also seeing reports that DS will be “fully open” by May 29th. Trying to see if there’s anything official-ish.

1 Like

You should have set your credit card on the counter and put both hands in the air while she ran it. That would’ve been hilarious.

3 Likes

And this is the problem I see. Interactions with wait staff require a mask, for everyone’s benefit. I totally agree.

So at the start all is well, you order and wait for it to arrive. However, in order to ask for more drinks, or desert, you need to put the mask back on. And then off it comes to eat / drink and off it comes again. And then little Andy needs the toilet, so back on with the mask while visiting the little boy’s room. Back to the table and off it comes again.

How many times is that people will be touching their masks during one meal?

I should point out this is the case for any restaurant if your state / county / city mandates a mask in public spaces. It negates the point of a mask of people are constantly taking them off and putting them back on again. With the best will in the world, this compromises the benefits to everyone.

This isn’t meant to be a reason against the use of masks. It just shows how the practicalities can conflict with guidance.

4 Likes

Well, at some restaurants they use technology (ipads, but could be incorporated into phone app) for patrons to communicate needs with wait staff…

I’m going to go out on a limb here.

If guests are required to wear masks, I think it will be very short lived. Secondly, I would not be surprised if guests were just ‘recommended’ to wear masks. CMs of course will wear them.

The past couple weeks has seen a dramatic change in my town. While nothing has changed as to local government guidance, few people are wearing masks anymore in stores, gas stations, etc.

You can only hold back the people so long…??

Oh yes, we have lots of restaurant and pub chains here that you can order off an app and have it brought direct to your table.

I just thought it confirmed what a lot of people were assuming would happen. Although the guidelines said disposable (paper) menus.

In this area it’s governor ordered. No mask, no service. So I think this will depend on the state you are in.

Tens of thousands of construction and other tradespeople do it daily. The person who sprays pesticides around my house wears a P100 respirator in a full face-shield mask. And he does it for 4-6 hours a day, in full sun, not ducking into an air-conditioned amusement park ride every 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Oh believe me, masks are governor ordered here. But many businesses are not enforcing it.

I can barely tolerate wearing one going in the store. I get very hot and sweaty and start to get claustrophobic. I can tolerate one cut out of tshirt material a little longer than others. So if I have to wear a mask for my October trip, it’s getting moved to May 2021. There is no way I am surviving all day in heat and humidity with a mask on my face.

3 Likes

And herein lies the rub

Rules are only good if they are enforced.

1 Like

People around here are definitely socially enforcing it.

Truthfully I can’t wait until we don’t have to wear them anymore.

2 Likes

“Facial coverings worn in public spaces to mitigate the spread of a highly-communicable respiratory virus” is what “tyranny” means in the original Greek. It was why the Athenians fought the Spartans. No modern civilization has known the like. My late father, who was drafted into the army in 1944 and nearly blown in two by Nazis, was taking tea at the Savoy Hotel by comparison.

3 Likes

Miss you Kitteh! When are we going to sit and visit over several French 75s again?? :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Since the masks were recommended or mandated I’ve been wearing the ear-loop hospital kind. Surgical masks. The ones we wear at work. Light and airy.

Today I wore a cotton one my mom made. I thought I was going to faint.

I’ll wear the light hospital ones from now on.

1 Like