Disney Springs Dining advice

So on our last trip, November 2018, we dined at Raglan Road and before that at TRex. This trip will be all adults and while Raglan Road was ok (please don’t hate me for that assessment), I am looking to try something else this time, October 2019. Outside of those two restaurants, what is your vote for Disney springs?

Homecomin’ though I’m still in shock at Raglan Road being ‘ok’ :joy:

5 Likes

I know! I loved the soda bread! I had the seafood chowder and it was fresh. Otherwise, the food was beautiful but just ok. We also waited an hour for our reservation.

1 Like

Are the adults foodies? Jaleo looks like it could be really good; we’re planning to try it in early May (assuming it’s open then of course). Wine Bar George is a good adults-only place (amazing sharing platters). We’ve also always enjoyed Morimoto and Frontera Cocina. :slight_smile:

No one is a foodie per se though I like to try new things. Only half of our group will have a drink. The other half abstains. I’ve heard morimoto suggested.

Waiting an hour wouldn’t put you in the best mood to enjoy it!

1 Like

amen

1 Like

To be honest we pretty much always have to wait quite a while for our reservations at Raglan. Not as long as 'Ohana (trying to remember if we’ve ever waited less than an hour there) but still, always a wait. We usually sit at the bar until our table is ready. :slight_smile:

1 Like

interesting. …never had to wait more than 10 minutes, but made my last ressies there thru open table…wonder if that makes a difference, although i wouldn’t think so

1 Like

No, we make ours through OT as well so it’s not that. Maybe we just have our reservations at busier times when it backs up a bit.

1 Like

Homecoming.

1 Like

Morimoto is excellent, so that gets a high recommendation from me. Although I seem to be in the minority I was very disappointed in the Boathouse; my steak was unremarkable, it’s all ala carte, it was cramped and noisy, and the prices are ridiculous - even for Disney (a tiny salad, a steak, some oven roasted potatoes, and a domestic beer cost me almost $90). But I will say, if the weather is nice, having a drink at the bar at the end of the pier is quite enjoyable. Homecomin’ gets almost universally good reviews, but I live in the South and can get that kind of food anywhere, anytime, so I haven’t used any of my limited Disney dinners to go there. The few reviews that I’ve read for Paddlefish have ranged from mediocre to just plain bad. Very expensive small portions of “just OK” food. The upper deck is supposed to be a very nice place to go for a drink (I may try it on my next trip). You can probably fine numerous reviews of any of the DS restaurants on sites like Yelp or Trip Advisor…

1 Like

I had a great meal at Morimoto last week.

1 Like

How’s the wait at Homecomin’, usually?

I have always been seated on time at Homecoming but I have only been there for lunch.

2 Likes

Ours is a pretty early dinner reservation, so I’m thinking it should be fine, but we want to make it to Jellyrolls before it gets too late!

1 Like

That sounds like a fun night!

I’ve been for lunch and dinner and never waited past ressie time

2 Likes

We’re sneaking in an “adult night” with the older two kids, since DS20 won’t be able to join us until the next day. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Homecomin is great! Short wait for table. I like the decor and open kitchen layout. The chicken and sides are wonderful. The moonshine cocktails are tasty and fun. But my favorite item on the menu is the hummingbird cake! It is my favorite dessert anywhere in Disney!

1 Like