Disney Refugee officially Universal Addict

I decided to move the HHN chat & possible trips with Liners and such to here to avoid hijacking UOR threads even more! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I saw Season 1 of Stranger Things and though it was “good”. I was actually disappointed it didn’t wrap up then. I understand it was a hit and that meant extending the series. I tired Season 2 and stopped after two episodes. Am I missing something? Get me hyped for a ST HHN32 house!!

So, I have loved all of the seasons… but season 4 is particularly well-suited for an HHN house! It was easily the creepiest season yet and lot of it took place in an actual creepy house! Haha! I think this house has the potential to be quite terrifying and I’m genuinely pumped for it.

1 Like

UPDATE from the UOR Planning / News thread

There is something “new” this year. You have to tell UOR the first night you intend to use a multi-night HHN pass. I don’t know why anyone would pick any date other than Sept. 1st if I can start the ticket any time AFTER my start day. :man_shrugging:

I confirmed with UOR Guest Services that all you need to do is what I suggested & make your “start date” Sept. 1st

5 Likes

Maybe September 1 will eventually run out?

I really don’t know the logic???

I know that’s how most of the dated tickets work, like the buy 2 days get 3 free.

However, with dated tickets, you tell them a start day and then you have like a week or so to use them.

It’s a weird thing… like they’re trying to do “reservations” without actually “locking” you into a date…I’m baffled!! :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

As most of you know the park hours for September came out this weekend! They’re pretty consistent with last year. I had a Wednesday & Friday early IOA closures for private parties in 2022. (Hoorah for old Trip Reports! They really can be useful references for these things!)

I did have night rides on Hagrid’s on both those nights! I have minor adjustments to make to the solo part of my trip. However, the first part with DD is unaffected.

The Death Eaters being at Diagon Alley is going to be pretty cool. I can’t wait to see them in Knockturn Alley.

(When I worked at WB MovieWorld in AU we had the first ever HP theme park attraction. It was a walk through “tour” like the ones you now see in London & NY. As a tour guide when you were waiting for it to be your next show you would hang out in Knockturn Alley being a dark wizard surprising guests in that section! I loved it!)

I’m really surprised that this signals that the WWOHP Dark Art Castle Projection Show is probably not happening. I guess they could be trying to spread out crowds. People did hang out in Hogsmeade for a while as Death Eaters did their “mini-shows” and mingled. Then they’d stay for a Dark Arts show as well. Then you had everyone there for a Hagrid’s night ride. It made Hogsmeade pretty busy in that last 90 minutes.

With the Death Eaters in DA, they will also pull people away from the HHN houses too. Gringott’s is running, but it was such a nice place to get away from the noise and still be in a themed area.

I do wonder how late they’ll have them there though. Will DA be an all night scare zone? I wonder if Celestina will do any shows? Could the DE do anything cool on that stage?

I’ll miss the tranquility / rest area it provided, but I’m excited at seeing it!
I’ve said it before & I’m gonna repeat it more than once in this TR.

Earplugs / Headphones are your #1 MUST HAVE when you go to HHN. It’s a fun time & a party, but the have every sound cranked all the way up. With hearing protection, even in the houses, you still hear everything at a loud volume - but manageable!

5 Likes

I actually made a TP for my MNSSHP! (Thanks to an “anonymous” Liner for their access! :wink: )

MNSSHP 4pm RD (touringplans.com)

My big Must-Do are Country Bears (I’ve never seen them…ever!) / Tron / HM / Fireworks & Parade

I have a couple other things in there that I rarely get to do like Astro Orbiter / PPF / Buzz

I’ve had enough fun thinking about MK, that if this goes well, I may book MVMCP for my December trip. I arrive on a day/night Universal closes early for an Orlando Informer Meet-up. I may do CityWalk stuff or even something else, but not excluding MVMCP.

Feel free to look at it and critique. I haven’t made a TP for WDW in 4+ years!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Wait, no — do Jollywood Nights on December 4 with us!

1 Like

I really thought about it, but Jollywood is too tempting to see all of SW:GE and MMRR that I promised DW I would wait to do together. (It wouldn’t be fair to everyone to be like - “Nope, we can’t even go to that side of the park because of me!”)

I’m not 100% definitely not coming to Jollywood, but I’m about 90% sure I won’t be there.

My December trip will take shape after HHN. I haven’t had the guts to buy the plane tickets yet!

I’m actually nervous about going back to UOR and having that feeling of, “I’ve done all of this…a lot. Is it still as fun?” I think it will be, but it’s my guilt about continuing to go after doing a whole year of trips putting doubt in my mind. (If HHN wasn’t entirely new each year, I probably wouldn’t have renewed my AP. Plus, VCON coming out helped sweeten the temptation too!)

My apologies for whining about going to UOR often. I realized after writing this it sounds a bit privileged to say.

3 Likes

Thinking about December got me looking at flights & hotels… I already have a rate of $84 / night for a Friday - Wed. trip.

I saw SW has another sale on flights. If I were to go a day early I’d “save” money on the flight. I also go another credit card sign up “bonus cash” offer yesterday. I could sign-up for that credit card and with the “bonus” my entire cost with tax for that extra day is a little less than $50. (Minus food)

I won’t land until 3:30pm and be at checked in at the hotel by 5pm. IME the parks close at 7pm…

What would you do? My biggest dilemma is PTO at work is almost gone. This would use most of another day. It would give me all of Friday to play though instead of doing a 3pm arrival then when the parks close at 5pm for OIM Meet-up

UPDATE - I went ahead and booked the room anyway as it can be canceled and refunded.

1 Like

I clicked on the plan and go this

You do not have access to this plan

MNSSHP 4pm RD (touringplans.com)

Ok… I think that should do it. I left it in the middle of “Evaluating” at one point. I think that was the issue

Looking forward to reading your MNSSHP review. I’m heading to a MVMCP in early December. Haven’t been to Disney in many many years. My main focus is going to be rides. Maybe watch the fireworks. I hope I can hit most of them! Not really sure what to expect and hope I’m not too disappointed with long waits. I’m so spoiled with express at Universal.

1 Like

Same! I last went in 2018. This is my first MNSSHP. I have been to MVMCP about 7-8 years ago before I started going to UOR more often.

This is my first solo MK trip. (I did sneak away from a school trip group while at MK for a few hours in the 8th grade) I have a couple things I want to do that no one ever wants to do when we go as a family + Tron. I’ll be happy if I can do the plan I made / posted.

That’s two shows, maybe three… One character meeting and a handful of attractions. I’m not trying to do it all.

I am really hoping to feel the Magic again. Main Street is my favorite “land”. I used to get so happy & such just entering MK…

If I can stroll around without having to fuss too much with my phone and just enjoy the offerings I’ll be happy.

(I’m still not ready for a full day of G+/IIL/ VQ!!) :rofl: :innocent:

2 Likes

Well, I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I might not even go to Galaxy’s Edge or Toy Story Land during Jollywood Nights—I don’t remember seeing any special party events featured in those lands.

1 Like

UPDATE

Well… I mapped out the next iteration of all my touring plans for this trip. As long as the trip is, I still don’t get to do as much in the parks as I want. Especially VCON and VC…

I got a notification from SouthWest that they’ve made a change to my return flight. It actually works in my favor as it’s a nonstop flight that leaves 2 hours later and gets me home 3 hours earlier. However, because they changed my entire flight I’m allowed to make any change to either my departing or returning flights.

I looked and I can stay an extra night at CBBR for $97 (with tax included). I booked it! I could’ve stayed at Surfside for $74 (w/ tax). However, I can walk my bags to CBBR which saves $10 versus having to use a Lyft to Surfside. That makes the price difference $13 total. For one night CBBR is the better choice for me. It’s quieter and I’ll be going back to VB that day.

So… if I watch my food budget that day I can stay one more day/night and go to another night of HHN for a total of $150! This makes it 11 full days and nights, plus a departure morning. I know it’s silly to add more time, but if you told me I could wake up tomorrow to go to Volcano Bay, do IOA at night and then HHN until as late as I want for $150 - I’d be packing now! That’s my justification for doing it. Plus, adding a night of HHN makes the cost of my pass with UXP included to only $62.72 per night!

However, this seals in the dates of my Grinchmas plans. I had stretched that trip out arriving a day early. I have to balance out the PTO by going back to my original December plans. It works out though. I’ll start that trip by going to MVMCP on arrival Friday night. (There’s an OIM this weekend closing the parks at 6pm / 7pm those nights.) I’ll go to that and then I’ll still have 5 nights / 4.5 days to celebrate Grinchmas.

If you can’t tell I’m excited for my return to UOR!

13 Likes

Hey! Could someone reply to this?? I logged in this morning and didn’t see any notifications for the last post. (Even though poepl saw / liked it) I want to see if I might have accidently “dismissed” this topic!!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello

I just saw your post.

1 Like

Thanks! I did get a notification

1 Like

I do need to confess that last night was when I finally told DW about my Grinchmas plans! :innocent: She’s been incredibly busy at work & stressed. I knew she wouldn’t care, but it’s awkward to say, “I’m off to Florida…again” while she is frazzled. I wanted to wait for a “good time” to tell her my plans.

To be clear, I invited her (again) last night. I was met with a resounding, “Nope!” - It’s not her passion.

She’s had a good week, so I revealed my plans. I mentioned MVMCP and that made her the most excited. For a moment I thought she might be interest in tagging along. (see above! :rofl:)

Also, I haven’t actually changed my flight to add the extra day to the HHN trip. I wanted to sleep on it. I have never stayed this at UOR this long. Last year I did 9 days and a departure “1/2 day” for HHN - my longest trip. I do remember getting a bit of anxiety the last day or so that trip. It’s mostly just guilt about being there so long mixed with a bit of not wanting to go home! Plus, as much as I love it, the place can be overstimulating after a while…(mixed with me only sleeping like 5 hours per night!)

By staying the extra day I ensure I ride VCON at least 3 times that trip and VelociCoaster at least twice. (I have a busy week, but really don’t get to these two major attractions as much as I’d like!) Maybe I can even do a third trip to VB (or at least multiple “back-up” dates in case of rain - it’s hurricane season!)

This isn’t me “humble bragging”. It’s my process to give me the courage to go through with it. I am open to feedback. As I’ve mentioned y’all are my only friends that even care about these places.

After about 20 minutes of talking Universal last night my DW sent me away! My DD will talk, but she’s so used to me being the tour guide that she just says, “Sure…Whatever!” :rofl:

Is adding one more day that big of a deal? Am I overthinking it? I just want a bit of enabling / reassurance that I’m not being “too addicted”. It’s just one more day / $150… Would you do it?

I’m just so bored at my desk and excited to go! I know that I might get a bit of “theme park fatigue” while there. However, the guy sitting at his desk today would give a lot to be there now! :rofl:

Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes