Disney Refugee Gets Scared for the 1st Time

I specifically remember you mentioning that before! I guess @darkmite2 didn’t get the memo :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah…In between our overlapping trips I haven’t had as much time to catch up on my reading!

We took nap and are heading to Stay & Scream. Going to Halloween holding area to get a head start. Plus, Cuprahcabra (spelling? ) is near the Halloween exit.

Her boyfriend is a dancer a has a performance live streaming tonight. We are going to pause and go unti Diagon Alley around 8pm so she can watch it. Afterwards, she wants to do spell, see rhe 9:30pm Nightmare Fuel (we never saw it last night)

Then we need to call it a night so we can rest and get up to transfer to Cabana Bay and do our Volcano Bay early entry.

Our goal is at 4 houses. (The 2 still undone and Halloween + something else.)

We never waited even 30 minutes last night. I’ll be interested in what a Friday night is like, even with UXP

10 Likes

It really would’ve been rude not to!!

2 Likes

It seems odd that any Universal resort would have an AT&T product in the room when Comcast is an NBC Universal company.

Loving the trip report! It sounds like you’re having a great time. I’m checking into Dockside 3 weeks from today. I’ve read a few articles clearly based on the same press release that mentioned that the Sunset Lounge has a Halloween theme, but I haven’t seen any pictures or reports about that at all. Is it actually a thing?

4 Likes

It has the same 3 HHN cocktails you can find at all the hotels.

There are 3 decorated pumpkins…that’s it.

3 Likes

Here’s what I mean about the difficulty in finding the house you want to go into during S&S

This all you get! You have to really wind around Transformers and more before you even get a basic idea

We got into Halloween at 5:20pm and after you can only go to about 2 other houses until 6pm.

However, it’s such a hassle to get around until they do the RD at 6pm it’s not worth it.

(They are 2 of our least favorites)

I’ll give my rankngs after we do the remaining 2 left to do.

DD went to try the Coffin Cakepop, even though it will probably be “meh”. It was her other “must try” item

EDIT - it was actually good. (Still not great) Much better than the Tribute Store treats

9 Likes

I’ve never had a tribute store treat that wasn’t stale. I prefer the baked goods from the place in San Francisco, right before your get to London.

2 Likes

We’ve done 4 houses. Then she neededto watch her Boyfriend perform at a recital on YT Live. We went to DA and did all the spells until it was time for his show. We got a quiet bench in Knockturn Alley. She was so happy to see him! (young love is sweet! )

We decided we were hungry, so we marched over to Springfield for tacos. These were my first Bumblebee Man Taco. They hit the spot! (They are way too expensive! They used to be $10 & now they are $12. However at no point was I regretting buying them like HHN treats.

Got into the herd for Nightmare Fuel. Because I was prepared for the rush through the gate it was easier, but still insane! The just need switchbacks in the holding pen. Don’t allow everyone to rush the gate.

She wants to do Bug house again after show, but then that’s it.

Here’s another random tip for UXP holders…
It will go contray to what all the vloggers say. If you are sure you aren’t going to repeat a house or houses when you arrive to Stay & Scream just use the UXP. I know they say to save it, but there is sooo much to do and see that it’s hard to repeat stuff in the same night.

(Maybe if I was going to stay past midnight or later I might. However, even at 15 minutes to up to 25 - the most we’ve experienced. Repeats are still tough)

7 Likes

Sometimes it’s not even about saving it to use again… in that first 30 minutes or so I’ve seen the XP line get longish while the standby line stayed short and they don’t heat let the whole XP line in first, so people with XP ended up waiting longer.

1 Like

DD LOVED the Nightmare Fuel Show. Her jaw was open most of the show!

We couldn’t do Bug house. They blocked off traffic going that way to funnel everyone out of the show towards WWOHP.

We did Hellblock Horror as it is on the way out.

We have to actually set an alarm tomorrow to change hotels and go to VB. I’ve told DD we “can” sleep in, but that probably means no Krakatu.

11 Likes

I figured that was the case. Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah with Halloween opening so early that’s the clear S&S strategy

2 Likes

Good morning from Volcano Bay

We got up around 7am, finished packing and moved over to Cabana Bay.

It’s not the “right” thing to do; but I’ll be keeping my Cabana Bay room key for future entry into VB. They don’t ever check the info on the keys…only that you have one. You flash it and walk by. It’s not needed to open any doors or such.

(You can do this for the parks as well if you are staying off-site and want to go to EPA. Just flash any UOR hotel key and keep walking to Hagrid’s :sunglasses:)

We did Krakatu 3 times before the wait was over 100 minutes. Then the trap door body slides three times

Just had lunch, but all of it was “ok”. Nothing to get excited about like the Mahi jerk fish sandwich .

I had the coconut crusted fried chicken. (No coconut flavor) it was good, just not special.

9 Likes

Are you sure about the room key thing?
I always felt like they were looking at the date printed on the card, like making sure they at least have the right month on them.
YMMV.

Have fun at VB!! Sounds like a great morning so far :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I would think it will just depend on the TM, the day, your luck, etc. There also could be some cues about how old the room key is, like color or design, that make it easy to tell if a key is recent, at the very least.

5 Likes

Nice! Way to go

That’s for sure. Just like a random fussy TM not allowing you into the parks because the bottom (terms and conditions) of your printed ticket is cut off. :thinking:

4 Likes

Missed this, sounds like you had a very productive visit.

This was really helpful but NO standing around necessary. We sat at Ricther’s, in the AC, ate dinner. There are a few stay n’ scream areas w/ seating. But you said you have four HHN nights so it shouldn’t be a problem to see everything. Btw: Ricther’s is across the street from Blum House, that was a first house and it opened at 5:45 to those in the Sn’S. We didn’t see a drop in wait times after 11pm. We saw a marked increase in crowd after sunset. EP sold out but we were told they’d resume EP sales at midnight.

was really good! but rated R+

we saw too many little ones and wondered about parenting rights :laughing: We think HHN would be scarier for littles than adults.

I agree

true

4 Likes

Good morning from Volcano Bay

We got up around 7am, finished packing and moved over to Cabana Bay.

It’s not the “right” thing to do; but I’ll be keeping my Cabana Bay room key for future entry into VB. They don’t ever check the info on the keys…only that you have one. You flash it and walk by. It’s not needed to open any doors or such.

(You can do this for the parks as well if you are staying off-site and want to go to EPA. Just flash any UOR hotel key and keep walking to Hagrid’s :sunglasses:)

We did Krakatu 3 times before the wait was over 100 minutes. Then the trap door body slides three times

Just had lunch, but all of it was “ok”. Nothing to get excited about like the Mahi jerk fish sandwich .

I had the coconut crusted fried chicken. (No coconut flavor) it was good, just not special.

DD got the BBQ sandwich. We live in a BBQ city. I always warn her it’s not going to be as good as home. She liked it, but again, nothing special.

5 Likes

I haven’t had a single TM this entire year get within 10 feet our hotel keys when entering any park for EPA. They are too busy with 100s of people walking past. I just flash it in my lanyard and keep walking.

The hotel keys all look the same regardless of hotel. They are pictures of attractions. The only distinction is the name of the hotel across the top. My info and travel are at the bottom. However, I have walked past with that completely covered by my hand or lanyard soooo many times.

All they are wanting to see is if you have a key. The security at the Cabana Bay Entry didn’t even ask. There are no TMs at that point, only security. All they care about is your bag.

8 Likes

VB was PACKED by Noon. It’s a typical Saturday and they are hosting a company picnic.

By Noon, Krakatu was over 300 minutes and everything else was a 60+ minute wait by 1pm.

We did everything we “had” to do, some multiple times, before the crowds came. It’s 2pm and our room is ready. So we are headed back to CBBR. We were going to leave at 3pm, so this is no big change. DD really appreciated the VB UXP I bought last trip when she saw the queues today!

8 Likes