Disney Refugee Gets Scared for the 1st Time

Yeah with Halloween opening so early that’s the clear S&S strategy

2 Likes

Good morning from Volcano Bay

We got up around 7am, finished packing and moved over to Cabana Bay.

It’s not the “right” thing to do; but I’ll be keeping my Cabana Bay room key for future entry into VB. They don’t ever check the info on the keys…only that you have one. You flash it and walk by. It’s not needed to open any doors or such.

(You can do this for the parks as well if you are staying off-site and want to go to EPA. Just flash any UOR hotel key and keep walking to Hagrid’s :sunglasses:)

We did Krakatu 3 times before the wait was over 100 minutes. Then the trap door body slides three times

Just had lunch, but all of it was “ok”. Nothing to get excited about like the Mahi jerk fish sandwich .

I had the coconut crusted fried chicken. (No coconut flavor) it was good, just not special.

9 Likes

Are you sure about the room key thing?
I always felt like they were looking at the date printed on the card, like making sure they at least have the right month on them.
YMMV.

Have fun at VB!! Sounds like a great morning so far :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I would think it will just depend on the TM, the day, your luck, etc. There also could be some cues about how old the room key is, like color or design, that make it easy to tell if a key is recent, at the very least.

5 Likes

Nice! Way to go

That’s for sure. Just like a random fussy TM not allowing you into the parks because the bottom (terms and conditions) of your printed ticket is cut off. :thinking:

4 Likes

Missed this, sounds like you had a very productive visit.

This was really helpful but NO standing around necessary. We sat at Ricther’s, in the AC, ate dinner. There are a few stay n’ scream areas w/ seating. But you said you have four HHN nights so it shouldn’t be a problem to see everything. Btw: Ricther’s is across the street from Blum House, that was a first house and it opened at 5:45 to those in the Sn’S. We didn’t see a drop in wait times after 11pm. We saw a marked increase in crowd after sunset. EP sold out but we were told they’d resume EP sales at midnight.

was really good! but rated R+

we saw too many little ones and wondered about parenting rights :laughing: We think HHN would be scarier for littles than adults.

I agree

true

4 Likes

Good morning from Volcano Bay

We got up around 7am, finished packing and moved over to Cabana Bay.

It’s not the “right” thing to do; but I’ll be keeping my Cabana Bay room key for future entry into VB. They don’t ever check the info on the keys…only that you have one. You flash it and walk by. It’s not needed to open any doors or such.

(You can do this for the parks as well if you are staying off-site and want to go to EPA. Just flash any UOR hotel key and keep walking to Hagrid’s :sunglasses:)

We did Krakatu 3 times before the wait was over 100 minutes. Then the trap door body slides three times

Just had lunch, but all of it was “ok”. Nothing to get excited about like the Mahi jerk fish sandwich .

I had the coconut crusted fried chicken. (No coconut flavor) it was good, just not special.

DD got the BBQ sandwich. We live in a BBQ city. I always warn her it’s not going to be as good as home. She liked it, but again, nothing special.

5 Likes

I haven’t had a single TM this entire year get within 10 feet our hotel keys when entering any park for EPA. They are too busy with 100s of people walking past. I just flash it in my lanyard and keep walking.

The hotel keys all look the same regardless of hotel. They are pictures of attractions. The only distinction is the name of the hotel across the top. My info and travel are at the bottom. However, I have walked past with that completely covered by my hand or lanyard soooo many times.

All they are wanting to see is if you have a key. The security at the Cabana Bay Entry didn’t even ask. There are no TMs at that point, only security. All they care about is your bag.

8 Likes

VB was PACKED by Noon. It’s a typical Saturday and they are hosting a company picnic.

By Noon, Krakatu was over 300 minutes and everything else was a 60+ minute wait by 1pm.

We did everything we “had” to do, some multiple times, before the crowds came. It’s 2pm and our room is ready. So we are headed back to CBBR. We were going to leave at 3pm, so this is no big change. DD really appreciated the VB UXP I bought last trip when she saw the queues today!

8 Likes

DD had a sudden craving for a pretzel. Of course that’s something you have to go to CityWalk to get!

As an amazing Dad, I told her to rest up snd I’m marching to the closest Auntie Anne’s solo! :rofl::crazy_face:

12 Likes

What? I swear I saw Auntie Anne’s inside Studios… :thinking:

… regardless… GREAT Dad move :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yes, Studios and Islands.

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming my memory. It’s important at my age :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s in Marvel Island (near Spiderman) and IoA and in New York (near the Mummy) at Studios.

2 Likes

You did, but we were literally back in the hotel room! I did literally did the march, walking with a purpose, all the way there & back!

Ironically, we are waiting to watch Nightmare Fuel again and we stopped for more pretzels!

We came in at 6pm and used the Hotel Guest private entrance. It is to the left of the main USF entrance. You have to walk a bit down the path close to Hard Rock Cafe. We got right in and they had a “private” entrance for hotel guests to Express enter Hellblock Horror. We walked directly in. It was still fun, but felt like it wasn’t “set” yet.

We are going to EPA for Hagrid’s. Tonight was supposed to Dark Arts and Hagrid’s night ride. However, they closed at 7pm (for a private event) and I didn’t plan it well! I was kicking myself as DD has never been on Hagrid’s at night.

11 Likes

Crumb, I thought that event was last night. Will you have another chance tomorrow?

I’m here through Monday afternoon, but DD leaves tomorrow at lunch…

I’m a bad planner! :disappointed_relieved:

She really is ok about it!

We left HHN early to be packed up and ready to check out tomorrow. I’m moving back to Dockside for the last night.

Gotta get some sleep to get up for an EPA Hagrid’s!

5 Likes

Can you use this entrance and easily go early to a different house?

The hotel guests entrance does not open for Stay and Scream.

When you enter you can gi directly into the park or into that house (if it is ready)

However, when we got to USF at 5:45pm the throng of people we all the way past the Arches and almost to the bridge where the Universal globe is. So if you’re not going to S&S, this is a great option

1 Like

Dragged ourselves out of bed for EPA. We arrived with the early herd. We might have gotten here a little sooner, but the CBBR bus was slow again. It was the first bus and still didn’t pull away until almost 7:15am.

6 Likes