Disney Q3 2020 Earnings Call

The “per guest contribution” being positive seems to be the great news. It says even in the greatly reduced numbers that they’re running things now, which does sound below their expectations, they are still profitable, which is huge. It means the company can limp through a long time of Covid and still be there when things get back to normal essentially.

4 Likes

Wall Street investors really are liking Disney stock today.

It is trading around $130 per share, up $13 from yesterday. Last time the stock was at this level was late February 2020.

1 Like

I have to admit that I was really hoping for a dip in the stock so that I could purchase some, but here we are.

Should have bought on 3/23! $85.76/share. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I did buy 15 shares at $115 and sold today at $130.

Combined with my AP refund earlier today, Disney was paying me instead of me paying them.:money_with_wings::moneybag::money_with_wings::moneybag::money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

check out yesterday’s numbers

If these are accurate and the Orlando parks are limiting capacity to 50%, TP will need to change the crowd numbers from a scale of 1 to 10 to 1 to 20! :rofl::roll_eyes::astonished:

2 Likes

Yikes! Although since crowd levels are based on wait times, it’s possible they are just not running their rides at as high capacity as they could, even given the pandemic). Also, these last few weeks before school has started everywhere will likely be the busiest we’ll see until school breaks and holidays this fall.

1 Like

where did you pull that from cuz this is what I see:

Click on Historical Crowds on the left

1 Like

Click on “Historical Crowds” on the left menu bar.

Jinx!

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

…and I was taking your comments out of context too… duh to me :smirk: I need to read more carefully :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if cinemas weren’t able to survive the closures. I’ve noticed a resurgence of drive-ins, though. For a family of three, the price of Mulan is worth it, if you have a decent system. However, you’re correct ; that price is steep for one person.

1 Like

Disney+ is working now. Lucky for Disney folks we’re stuck at home. Disney+ might not have done so well, without covid.

I don’t know why cinemas can’t begin opening with seating in every other row, etc.

In our area the multiplex cinemas have multiple screens showing to fairly small seatings, not vast spaces.

People don’t really want to always stay home to watch movies.

2 Likes

TP says the posted wait times at UOR were very inflated and threw their numbers off.

1 Like

One of the comments at that link said mask usage and enforcement was lacking there. I’m wondering if that’s a one off or a sad norm?

1 Like

Hmmm I did not see that. Hopefully an isolated view.

1 Like

Ok, well I was re- reading @ryan1 trip report. A couple things concerning the “safety” aspect of UOR:

So what I am understanding, in his opinion UOR handled things great. Except maybe at the resort.

I hope it’s OK @ryan1 that I am quoting you. It’s good to have other perspectives. Thank you for your detailed reporting!

1 Like