Disney planning question (update and questions...this is getting real)

Depends on your travel style. For me the times to go from one park to another is a real deterrent. I’m in the no hopper camp.

3 Likes

We were constrained by the military tickets so only had 4 park days total but had 6 full days there (they allow more days now, but at the time it was only 4). So we had 2 full days of non park activities and those were some of the most fun days! Seeing resorts other than ours, having fancy Disney meals at those resorts, pool time, driving around the area, Disney Springs, etc. Our upcoming trip we are doing 2 days at Universal instead and I hope we don’t get too tired out.

1 Like

Love it.

Thanks everyone! I think having this longer trip will be great. Going to try and plan mornings and have an idea for afternoons. But will go more with the flow. And I know my kids will be thrilled to be in the pool every day as well!

Last morning going to explore galaxy edge then say goodbye to MK at night. Might just do a quick service… where has a lot of options? Picky eaters.

Hoppers are handy if you just want to have dinner in a park or go see fireworks after a long day. It opens up flexibility.

We usually stay offsite, so they were of no use to us, but on-site means you will have options that would be closed to you without the hoppers.

But, I believe you can add them on later, so you don’t have to purchase them right away. Make your plans and then see how it’s all turning out.

I would do 2 days MK, 2 days HS, 2 days Epcot, 1 day AK. If you get the park hoppers, I’d do a half day at a water park and dinner/fireworks at a park.

Update question thoughts…

I planned for our Saturday to be morning at MK, use three fast passes, low key stuff, back to GF around 12. Then we got reservations for the Luau. As it’s an easy walk over and we thought might be a fun dining experience.

I’m thinking of switching to Sanaa at AKL and then seeing AK at night. More of a pop in see the tree maybe check out pandora at night. After @Randall1028 report I’m trying to fit some brief night time visits. Young kids so can’t be out too late.

Will make our relaxing afternoon not relaxing? I’m willing to Minnie van for ease. Never been to AKL.

My other option If I cancel Luau is eat dinner at 1900 PF, but we do have that as departure day breakfast.

Decisions decisions

Also I’m having a hard time booking Sana’a without canceling the Luau, I thought there was a way I could do that?

Two wildly different experiences.

Morning is Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, and Mad Hatter
Evening is the Tremaine sisters, Stepmother, and Cindy and her Prince (one of my favorite meals ever for character interaction)

You could very easily do both without feeling it was at all a repeat.

And that’s not even discussing the obvious differences in food.

Completely different but for food would you pick 1900 or Sanaa?

For food Sana’a hands down.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input!!

1 Like

When you go to book Sana’a, and the times available come up, select the time you want by RIGHT-clicking on it, and choose “Open link in new tab”. then complete your booking in the new tab. This will bypass the system check on your existing reservations.
I just did this earlier this week. I was logged into MDE already while looking at the times; I’m unsure if it works if you haven’t signed in yet.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

Wahoo alright… all my back up plans are reserved now I have more time to decide!

2 Likes

Booked plane tickets last night!!! This is getting real! Now we are definitely going—!!

Feels surreal despite all my planning that this is happening. Very excited to return and to enjoy this time with my family.

Taking a look at plans to make sure we have enough pool time. I think kids are going to want to do that a lot.

I also want enough time to wander food and garden. One of my main reasons for picking spring.

Next step Fast pass day!

2 Likes