Disney Merriest Nights

yay! Mine went really fast when I got under an hour. Much faster than an hour so don’t walk away!

1 Like

Yep, I’m already at 37 minutes.

1 Like

Got my ticket. All dates still available so you should be fine. This went much faster than previous queues, guessing a lot less people will book this.

3 Likes

We were supposed to stay there in April 2020. You know how that turned out.

2 Likes

Some of the post covid reviews have me saying not worth the risk…so I’m looking elsewhere…I created a separate thread for ideas if you have any? I’m mostly considering PP, Courtyward Marriott with the waterpark, and Best Western Stovall’s Inn but if others really love Grand Legacy like Wahoohokie does I’ll take another look at that too.

We just stayed at the Clarion. It’s a little further away, but right across the street from the Toy Story lot. Fun fact, they hold the Harbor security line until the first bus from Toy Story comes in. So if you’re on the first bus, you will be ahead of most of the Harbor line. (A few will get through while the bus is parking and passengers are disembarking, but you have already gone through security at the lot.) The Clarion was okay, but the price was nice. We spent very little time in the room. I did notice some debris in the corner of the bathroom that didn’t get swept up. I’m not a super clean freak, so the rest of the room seemed fine (but dated). The bathroom itself is so tiny that I totally understand how they struggle to sweep it effectively.

1 Like

I’m gonna be working during the day so I do kind of care more about a nice room that doesn’t make me feel depressed in darkness. I may just buck up the cash for PP.

I’m not sure I would want to work in there all day. It wasn’t horrible, though. Nice big windows and our room had a little balcony type thing facing DLR. We could actually see some of the fireworks from our room.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I started looking at Anaheim Hotel I think it was called. Right next to Grand Legacy and had balcony rooms and then I saw a bed bug report on TA and I was out like lightning fast…ha ha

1 Like

We’ve also stayed at Grand Legacy and liked it but I remember very little about the room. We go hard in the parks at DL with very little hotel time.

1 Like

Yeah we’re gonna be doing that in Oct so if we stay at Fairfield (and I have a Disneyland Hotel booking for the 2 bedroom suite…haven’t decided yet if I want to save the money there) I’m okay with it because 1) I’m with 9 people total so I won’t be walking down Harbor alone and 2) we’re going hard in the parks every day. That might be what I do is choose Fairfield for that trip and Disney hotel for the solo trip as I think I’ll feel safer alone on property and since I’m working till 3pm in the room. (We do have three total rooms booked at Fairfield so we can stuff all 5 kids from two families into one room since they are small rooms).

2 Likes

That sounds like the best plan to me!

I have gone solo to DLR (well, staying solo but always meeting up with other liners/friends I just like to stay alone) many times and have never felt unsafe walking back to the hotels on Harbor. But, I stay no further south than the Castle Inn (and not there in many years). I have stayed at the Anaheim Hotel once, it was fine. Grand legacy I have stayed at the most. The front building is new and the rooms are very nice. The Courtyard Marriott is going to have the nicest rooms on that block north of the Crosswalk since it is the newest. I am at Desert Inn & Suites this weekend, not my favorite but it was by far the least expensive of the close options. Debbie @93111tink has stayed there multiple times and I don’t think they have had any trouble there. I hung out in her room (part of a suite) one trip, and it seemed clean and the furniture was nice enough. I have only stayed there once, my only complaint was the pillows were like boulders, but a quick drive down to Target solved my problem.

3 Likes

I will say that I felt no bad vibes walking from the Toy Story lot across the street (there are other hotels in that area too). In some ways, it’s a much nicer walk because you get on the bus and miss most of the Harbor messiness. I would have no hesitation staying in that area (TS lot) as long as the security protocols remain where you go through security at the lot and the first bus triggers Harbor security to open.

5 Likes

I know, I just hate not being an easy walk across Harbor when I want to grab a jacket, or take a break for a few minutes in the room. I am spoiled. :rofl:

1 Like

No breaks! :rofl:

Seriously, we will get a locker if we don’t want to carry jackets around. I don’t even want to walk back to the parking structure!

2 Likes

But most of our trips lately have been a day or two here and there so it’s easier to just hit the park open to close.

2 Likes

In the summer months we usually need a break. It’s hot there in comparison to home! The sun is so dang bright. :rofl:
It’s so quick to walk when you are staying right by the crosswalk.

2 Likes

I went and checked and Dec 9 is sold out but that means definitely a solo trip. I really enjoyed my solo WDW trip. It was honestly the most relaxing. I think I could just breathe without being someone’s mom first or wife first. So I am not worried about this at all! :slight_smile: But I was just curious…so I double checked. Every other day has availability and it takes less than a minute to get in.

2 Likes

Just checked around 6:15 pm and 12/9 is the only one sold out. It’s all us Liners attending that date since we will be there for the meet up Sat. :blush:

2 Likes