Disney Math at it's Finest

@shawthorne44 makes an excellent point about crowd control, but I agree w/ Beth and want this system to go away.

2 Likes

For years, Disney has been looking reduce the number of people in the parks. This is one of the reasons they kept raising prices. Disney knows they will make their money, even with limiting the numbers. They will do it by providing more exclusive experiences. (Like the desert & show or pay for reserved seating.) I think we will see more of this.

1 Like

Example of Disney math:
Had a Jan 2020 Disney trip and also a conference at Disney planned for June 2020. Figured by upgrading Jan 2020 tickets to annual passes for entire family, we would more or less break even and we might even sneak in one more trip.
Fast forward: Ended up going to Disney 6 times on those annual passes including 5 pandemic trips for 35 days total at Disney in the last 18 months…because “we already paid for the tickets anyway…” Of course, stayed on property each time and HAD to take advantage of the AP discount on merch each time…
Sadly, I can’t, even with my Disney-Mathiest-mindset, seem to justify renewing the APs and my time frame to renew runs out in 3 days. (This even sounds like a plea for enabling to me.)

6 Likes

well, considering they are not selling APs right now and there isn’t a time set for when/if they will resume sales… yes I’ll enable you: If you think that you will come again it might be worth it to renew the APs b/c tickets for parks are only going to go up in cost w/ more limitations. I don’t know what kind of AP you have if down grading would make the cost less but that might be something to consider too.

5 Likes

Thanks. My trip dashboard has been empty for about a month now and it’s unsettling…if I would just book something. I am sure I could muster the justification to renew the APs

4 Likes

Here, let me help :wink:

Poly Studio for the 50th Available - Walt Disney World / Accommodations - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

5 Likes