Disney magic (or, "Why I want to be a VIP")

I completely get where you are coming from. I’ve only seen a parade there once even though I’ve been many times (and that was only because I was with people who sat at the parade route for a while and I was able to squeeze in with them). But when I’ve gone without another adult, especially with children, that just is not an option for me. The kids (at least those I travel with) can’t sit still that long. Plus, it just feels like a terrible waste of time. I’m not actually one to stand in long lines either. I would rather forgo that attraction that time. A half an hour is on the high end of what I can tolerate. I know people will say they’ve gotten great spots. I research those spots to death. I think I have a plan. Somehow, those spots never work out and I waste time looking for a spot, only to give up and not watch the parade, or at the very least feel more stressed than I should be. I know that’s my personality. I know Disney is crowded and crazy. But I love that mouse, so I tolerate it. And anything I can do to reduce that stress, if it’s in my budget, I’m doing it. We pay so much for an enjoyable experience, it’s just part of that cost. I choose to stay at POP over POLY. Or to go one less day if I need to make up the cost. But that’s part of the cost for me.