Disney IT fail

A friend at work who is a read-but-doesn’t-post Liner has the same issue this morning

3 Likes

My hubby is an IT guy, so I empathize. It must be a huge challenge for Disney.

2 Likes

I agree with you with you they need to be able to handle the load they are constantly pushing to the site.

I am married to an IT guy. I get it!

1 Like

I’d forgotten that I had the same problem for ADRs at 180 days, too, and had to call to book a couple.

I love that, obviously! :joy:

1 Like

This isn’t meant as a shot at the people working IT. This is a Disney problem and they need to invest in their system. I don’t place any of this on the guys doing the work as they are constrained by what Disney allows/limits. I am always extremely courteous when talking with any CM over the phone as I know their job is made harder by irritated customers and it isn’t their fault in the least.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I said in my earlier post that I work on systems also - it is about money - Disney needs to invest in their IT, more people, more hardware, they could solve their problems.
I am sure the people that work there are doing their best.
I recommended complaining to Disney, because they will only open the pocketbook if they have to and complaints from a lot of people is one way to get them to focus on it.

4 Likes

I guess we were really lucky. On our 60 day morning I was able to get on at 7 am and book six days of fastpasses in about 20 minutes. I was worried because people on here had been reporting so many issues. We must have hit a good day for the website!

Sorry so many people are having trouble. Our only issue is that the ability to modify dining reservations has disappeared from our MDE. I only have the option to cancel. Luckily there was only one ADR we were considering changing and I’ve decided just to live with it.

I’m taking a staycation day to do ours. I’m on the west coast and it’s an early wakeup time, and since I’ve been reading I’m convinced that it will take a couple of hours at least.

I am suuuper lucky to have enough PTO to be able to take plenty off for our trip, and still have plenty of days leftover for random goof off days.

1 Like

OK so I know this is cheating, but I want to see if anyone has had experience trying this. I was thinking of having my boyfriend log in under my account on his computer and then I would be on my computer so we could tag team. Essentially we both would be under the same account at the same time. Thoughts, or completely against the rules and I should be shamed.

I don’t think it is cheating at all. I’ve read about several people trying on app while on the website at the same time. I certainly tried it today. It was still a painful process, but I think it helped speed things along. Give it a shot!

1 Like

We tried this during our ADR booking time and it did not help. Our ADRs were in early June and it was a horrible experience, ended up calling. I am fearing the same thing will happen with FP+

Even now, some of my dining reservations have a modify option but some don’t. Some have a cancellation option, some don’t. I don’t understand how this is such an ongoing, consistent problem. I was a product owner and these kinds of issues would not have been acceptable and we are nowhere near the size the Disney!

1 Like

During my ADR day I was on three separate devices. Mainly because it kept kicking me out. That was 2 years ago and they still haven’t sorted out the bugs

1 Like

I also have some dining reservations with a modify option and some without, but I figured that was because for some, there were other times still available, so modifying those was an option?

That could be. It just seemed odd that I couldn’t try for another day even. It’s so hard to tell what is normal and what is a bug with this site!

I think it’s a bug because modify has disappeared as an option for all of my dining reservations. It’s been that way for over a month.

Same here. I put in for the vacation day today.

I’d been unable to use adr site, couldn’t book anything. So I resorted to phoning to make the reservations.

Went to practice @30 day mark, to see if problem with fpps. Yup, same. Wouldn’t let me book anything. I’m so glad I found out.

I called IT that day. They were very nice & patient. I’m far from being a computer maven haha.

They told me to use the incognito method on my laptop (I always book on my laptop). And it’s worked fine ever since.

Previously, during the adr fiasco, another very nice IT CM told me the problem was my computer, that I needed to remove all the cookies. Whatever. Removed the cookies. Still didn’t work, jeesh.

I’m glad I’ve found the incognito work around, but it seems strange to me that the only website I’m having any trouble with its Disney’s, oh boy.

2 Likes

Sorry if I missed this, but how does one use the incognito method?