Disney fans — or fanatics?

Dr. Kleck’s work continues to withstand legitimate peer review. @ryan1 is correct.

I believe this is the droid you’re looking for.

https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6853&context=jclc

1 Like

Kleck? Really? Shoddy research and results that do not hold up to the most casual scrutiny. Using his numbers, you could conclude that the victim is at least 3 times more likely to have and use a gun.

1 Like

There’s plenty of confirmation available for your bias. But if you care to review the crime stats and victimization surveys, your bias won’t hold up.

You all can argue your personal position on guns, but it seems to be completely unrelated to the point of my post.

3 Likes

We have a reservation for the end of December during Christmas break. The trip is in conjunction with visiting family during the holidays. Right now, I’m 50-50 that the trip will happen. We have been to the parks many times, but not during Christmas. Our ‘goal’ would be to see the decorations and festivities first, and rides second (if we do a couple of rides we would be happy). I’m torn between dealing with restrictions vs. a low crowd. I’m going to listen to feedback on the parks between now and then and see what is said before I make my decision. We can always stay with family longer and just try for a shorter park visit. We’re already planning for visiting during the 50th celebration, but just not during the holidays. Now, we also will be following what happens in the world. Like you said, I can wait if I too, especially for the cost of a Disney vacay.