Disney double stroller - are they as bad as they look?

In the past we normally rent a double stroller from an offsite company. In April will be staying at POFQ and since it’s a smaller resort I was thinking we could do one of the Disney strollers for the week and avoid having to take it on the bus. Anyone have any experiences using them?

How old are your kids? Are you hoping for naps in them or just a quick ride here and there? I think they are definitely as bad as they look, but definitely have a purpose in certain circumstances with older kids.

A lot of people hate them. We used one very successfully for DDs almost 3 and 6 in 2014 (no naps, went back to hotel every day for those), and went strollerless in 2016, also with much success. I would not recommend for toddlers/babies, just preschoolers.

My two are 6 and 4 so we are on the fence with the potential nap in the stroller for the 4 year ago. Planning on doing the mid day break back at the hotel. Sounds like I should suck it up and deal with carrying the stroller on the bus for one more year. Wishful thinking on my part. :slight_smile: Thanks!

I have never used the Disney stroller but I feel your pain. We took our first trip in 2014 and I bought a used double Maclaren stroller to take with us, thinking I would just resell it after the trip. (kids were 4, 3 and 1) After the trip DH said he didn’t want to go back until we could go without a double stroller. Now this stroller is about to make it’s 4th trip back to the World in March, along with DS8, DS6, DD4 and Disney baby 2. DH says he plans on throwing it in Bay Lake our last night there. He’s so ready to see that thing go.