Most (if not all) of us have had Disney disappointments since March, but what about pre-Covid-19 disappointments.
What are some of your Disney disappointments?
Here are my top 5 in chronological order. The memory of each of these is so vivid it seems like yesterday.
(1) December 1980 - My brother woke up with a fever the morning we were supposed to leave for Disney World. My first Disney visit. My parents rescheduled the trip for March (we made that trip and I was hooked).
(2) July 1985 - I got sick with a fever while staying at CR with my family. I stayed in the room for 2 days while my family toured the parks. My Mom offered to stay with me, but I insisted she go and have fun.
(3) January 2003 - A trip to WDW with a newish gf. Our first ride was BTMR. After the ride she had motion sickness and insisted we head back to the resort (All Star Sports). Spent the rest of the day reading at the pool. She was cranky the rest of the trip. Later in our relationship, we had an opportunity to go to WDW again. I said I didn’t want to go. She said “why not? It is your favorite place.” I said “Because I would have to go with you.” Ouch. The relationship didn’t last much longer.
(4) November 2009 - First trip to WDW since 2003. Where is Alien Encounter??? Not being a liner at the time, I didn’t know it was gone until I walked through Tomorrowland.
(5) October 2019 - DD5 was finally tall enough for a roller coaster (7DMT). I was excited for the opportunity to ride a coaster at Disney with DD5, but I insisted that DW go first. I got my magic band scanned for child swap so I could ride with DD5 next. DW went with on with DD5 while I stayed with DS3. DD5 got off the ride and said … “It was fun, but I don’t want to go on it again.” Nooooooo.