Disney Confirms Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind to Open at EPCOT in

2 Likes

I feel like this is not in fact news. Give me a date!! I want it open for July but I’m sure it won’t be.

6 Likes

This felt like a non-announcement to me.
“Opening in 2022” can mean January 1, or December 31.
Knowing how far this project has already been taken, that doesn’t feel like news.

I’d rather they give us information on, say, Genie+ that is “imminent”

4 Likes

Distraction technique.

3 Likes

Wow. And all this time, I thought it was going to open in ANIMAL KINGDOM! I’m glad they set the record straight.

2 Likes

Still super exciting though :grin:
images (12)

4 Likes

I am Groot!

1 Like

Perhaps I’m being cynical, but I take this to mean no earlier than the second half of 2022 … most likely the last quarter. If it was the first half of 2022, I think there would have been more details on timing like coming Spring 2022 or coming Summer 2022.

2 Likes

Did anyone still think this had any chance to open in 2021? I mean pre-Covid I think that was the target when they broke ground, but…Is the news that it’s 2022 and not 2023? :thinking:

3 Likes

I think it must be!

Actually, I take it as great news that they are confirming 2022 rather than 2023. I mean, they could always push it back again, but I was resigned to it being a 50/50 shot that it would be in place for my May 2023 trip. Now it’s more like 70/30. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Len said in the Disney Dish a couple of weeks ago that no way would Guardians and Tron open in the same year. So maybe this means Tron in 2023?

2 Likes

I think he had in mind fiscal year though. So maybe one will open before October 1st and one after? Tron is so close to being done - if it was Universal, it would be open by Christmas lol. I can see them vamping on Tron until early 2023 though.

2 Likes

Until a few weeks ago everything i’d seen was that Tron would open in the first half of 2022 and GotG in the the second half. Then people started talking about 2023.

2 Likes

You know this is going to happen in October so I will have to renew ap again… :clown_face:

1 Like

It does not look anywhere near close to that… does it???

GOTG was, as I understood, only waiting for filming of scenes for the ride which were hindered by the need for social distancing at the height of the pandemic.

Fiscal year makes sense; they can reap the rewards from GOTG opening perhaps mid-2022 (June?) and then Tron in time for the holidays?

Well the first half could be 9 months away, so who knows. If only one of them is open for my trip I’d prefer it to be GotG I think. Though Tron does look cool.

2 Likes

GotG I expect to open in time for the 40th anniversary, which is in October.

From what I have gathered from James Gunn’s tweets and Instagram posts and comments, the footage will be filmed while they are doing vol. 3 and the holiday special - which is scheduled to start in November I believe. It seems like that is the piece they are missing to have it ready. The pandemic shut down all film production for so long!!

1 Like