Disney Bliss

Ok, let’s talk about that moment of pure Disney joy that no one who isn’t an insane Disney fanatic will understand. Mine this morning (in addition to snagging my Endgame tickets for opening weekend)…I have been stalking the Disney website for Beach Club or Yacht Club AP rate for May. Right now, I have 2 Boardwalk reservations - hoping I could stay in the same room but I couldn’t get a continuous stay reservation.

Well, after months of searching there it was, like a beacon shining on the iPad…Beach Club standard room at the Passholder Sun and Fun rate. I held my breath until I got to the confirmation page, but I feel on top of the world today! Any other Disney bliss moments only folks here will understand?

19 Likes

Mine was on my last trip to Disney in 2016. The ONLY thing DS4 wanted to do was fight Darth Vader. Thanks to the help of everyone on here, I had all my strategies in place to get my Jedi training time slot I wanted and make sure my boys were in the correct line when they lined up. Our Hollywood Studios day was toward the middle/end of our trip, and the thought of not pulling this off was literally weighing on my mind the entire trip. Thanks to my PPO ADR at Hollywood and Vine, we got in and signed up right away, which was the first hurdle, and I started feeling good. When the kids lined up, I made sure my boys were in the “right” line. But it wasn’t until the doors opened and Vader walked out and I saw my son’s face light up that I KNEW I had done it. I literally started crying. And sitting here, thinking about the look on his face and my total relief and absolute bliss, I am tearing up again. Most people think this is just a loony mom story, but I bet some other Disney parents can relate. :wink:

14 Likes

I haven’t heard this tip! Is the right line to make sure they “fight” vader instead of the other person? My 7 year old wants to sign up. I have a PPO at Hollywood & Vine. Thanks for this extra tip!

1 Like

Things have changed a lot since then, so hopefully someone who has gone recently can tell you, but at that time, one line filed to the top of the stage, where they fought Vader, and one line filed to the bottom, where they fought Seventh Sister. The line to fight Vader was the one on the outside, not against the building. Good luck with the planning and execution!

3 Likes

My “bliss moment” for my birthday trip was finding an MVT agency exclusive for POFQ for all of my dates when POFQ wasn’t available on the Disney website when I first booked.

5 Likes

Gosh there’s so many.

Getting the exact room I requested last year in May at the Contemporary. Eating at Chef Mickey’s when the text came in saying what room it was and getting to surprise my mom with it. Pure bliss.

Setting up the whole trip in September, was terrified wasn’t going to get the room/resort I was after. And it all clicked in the end. Got the room, the view, and the weather. I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

8 Likes

I want a cockerel that bops up and down!:slight_smile:

4 Likes

2016 trip, my 4 year old was obsessed with Elsa but we were staying offsite so couldn’t get FP at 30 days. I seriously stalked that FP on Dibbs and got it a couple weeks before our trip. I just felt like no matter what else happened, we were now set. and meeting Elsa was truly the highlight of the trip for my daughter.

6 Likes

This is the most adorable request I’ve had all day long. It’s actually Hei Hei from Moana.

4 Likes

For us, there is just something special about the final evening at Disney…whether it is in the parks, or at Disney Springs. All your planning efforts, saving, wearing yourselves out each day, and you are there sitting with your family in the semi-darkness eating snacks or what have you realizing that, despite the fact that it is coming to an end, it was all worth it. Everyone is relaxed, not worrying about getting to the next ride or anything. Just a moment of relaxed togetherness that…at least for a parent…can bring a tear to the eye. (Not that it’s happened to me, or anything. Nosiree!)

10 Likes

I am so looking forward to my next trip which is just me and DS and sitting and watching Illuminations. It’s been so hard keeping it a secret from him but I know when it’s just him and me, sitting there and capping of our trip beneath the fireworks, it will be all be worth it.

(As a complete side note, DS has a project to do called ‘Wax Museum’ where they need to read a biography and become that person for an afternoon for a parent presentation at the school. Completely unaided by me, he picked Walt Disney. I think this trip will be pretty special for him too :slightly_smiling_face:)

4 Likes

My son is doing “Living Museum” at his school also! Unaided by me, he picked Daniel Radcliffe. (We hang out on the Dark Side a lot!) :wink:

3 Likes

Hopefully he is picking Daniel Radcliffe from his Harry Potter years versus his Equus days! :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, the presentation is supposed to cover his whole life so far…

2 Likes

Skipping the “bliss” piece:
this is me right now as I am trying to align six people’s schedules to secure these before lunch.

Carry on.

2 Likes

I wish you luck! I only had to manage 4 and as it is, we’re trying to snag my nephew on his dad’s weekend which is a feat unto itself - but I am not waiting an entire week to see this movie!!!

1 Like

This list is different now that it’s just me and DH. I will be blissful if I can snag a cali grill brunch slot and all the fast passes I want :slight_smile:

The whole Jedi thing was so different when my boys were young. We just walked up and they ‘selected’ kids from the crowd. We got lucky and one fought Vader and the other Maul. That was way back when things were just simpler!

4 Likes

Oh. This reminds me of our last Disney trip, when our DS (6 at the time) was chosen as the Rebel Spy! He was surprised and thrilled.

And on another trip, while our kids were getting off Goofy’s Barnstormer, there were cast members there “awarding” them free trading pins. They came bouncing back to us more excited about the pins than the ride itself.

6 Likes

DS7 got chosen as the Rebel Spy on our last trip! We didn’t even know there was a Rebel Spy, so we were totally surprised and he loved it!

4 Likes

Sadly, I was too late.
But, my husband and two sons are going to go Friday night, and my daughters and I will go Saturday afternoon. The only seats on Thursday night were in the front row and split up. We all decided we can wait.
(But it will kill me!)

1 Like