Disney Addiction

100% for WS. Like travelogue dark rides would be fun. I’m sure if they wanted to make everything marketable to kids they could find Disney movies to coordinate like a Mulan ride in China and Big Hero 6 in Japan.

4 Likes

Does anybody go to Disney for the atmosphere besides my family?

Epcot is our absolute favorite park. On some previous trips we have visited Epcot every day. I think we rode one ride there last December.

We try to plan a visit to more than one resort each trip. Several restaurants. Been to WinterSummerland several times.

I guess I don’t get this ride only fascination. :thinking:

2 Likes

I like both. But yes my love in epcot has zero to do with rides. I spent four full days there and park hopper one evening my last long trip. Every time I walked into world showcase I felt a relaxation and joy I feel in no other WDW park. I love the live entertainment there and am siked about more returning.

1 Like

I think it is more an aversion to standing for way too long in lines. Doing other stuff plus two lines twenty minutes each is VERY different than doing other stuff plus two lines two hours each.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d like to do that either.

1 Like

I sent an email to the Higher ups. We will see. I bet my reservation in january will suddenly get lost :thinking:

2 Likes

I also received a phone call this morning, but I’m waiting on a call back as I missed it.

2 Likes

This part of the video did a pretty good job explaining how Disney had painted themselves into the corner with fastpass+. They had over allocated the fast pass slots, tried to make more slots available by fast passing extra rides, but people figured out pretty quickly that they didn’t want Muppet Vision fastpasses.

Fastpass+ was creating a pretty inequitable situation where 20% of the guests were feasting on way more than their share of the fast pass and especially the most valuable best fast passes, and this was creating a fast pass famine for those that didn’t know that they needed to plan ahead, and by the time they realized they were screwed, they were 60 days to late to do anything about.

But they couldn’t really go back because they had just spent $1,000,000,000 to build it, so there were not a lot of options.

I was certainly on the tower. I had a day on my last trip where my family used 11 fast passes in one day + 1 anytime fast pass for the next.

3 Likes

We usually went every 2 years, after our trip this November, my wife said she doesn’t want to go back anytime soon, it was expensive and stressful.

Did we make memories, yes. Did we get to do what we wanted (yes, but only due to a lot of planning and cost). Did it feel like the “Disney magic”, no. It goes to show its not about how many rides you get or what you do.

Disney exists gets return guests due to the “Five Guys” effect. You buy a burger and fries and get a bag overflowing with fries, just because. Disney gave you a special pin, just because. Disney gave you a free fast pass, just because. A cast member tells you a great joke, just because. You ran into a character on the street who takes a minute to walk with your child, just because.

Right now, you get what you buy and what you plan for and nothing more. Until that’s clearly changed we don’t plan to return.

6 Likes

Did you get Genie+ or ILL$ ?

Both we recognized it was necessary to have the experiences

Sounds like it increased your experiences but might have also caused F.O.M.O. stress as you whacked away on the phone trying to get the reservations you wanted.

Care to share any first hand anecdotes that illustrate how it affected your trip ?

1 Like

My trip report is here:

There definitely was but we also knew not doing specific rides would have been a let down and without Fastpass and in the early genie+ days it wasn’t really a risk we wanted to take to not buy them.

1 Like

This is where I am - do I get it or do I forget it and just enjoy what we can do with a plan?

1 Like

I do think there’s a big risk of buying it and still not being able to ride the must dos though.

1 Like

This is definitely true. If you rope drop and close out the parks and use a TP you should be able to knock out most everything. You will definitely be spending considerably more time in lines than you used to though.

1 Like

Which I obviously don’t want to do! Hence my dilemma. But I have months to decide.

1 Like

Yeah if I were in your shoes I think I would probably get it as a safety net to guarantee a few rides each day and just target different attractions each day to get them all in over the length of your stay. Especially since you’re coming from so far and can’t easily pop back over for a quick do over for anything you miss.

2 Likes

I would buy G+ for MK and HS. I would TP for Epcot and AK.

ILL$ is worth it if the ride is a must do for your party.

3 Likes

If I could up vote stuff here, this would get all my votes!!!

1 Like