Disney Addiction?

Not that any of us need a justification but I had 4 trips and then nothing for 4.5 years. I continued to read most things and I will say when I planned a last minute trip with only 3 weeks to go, I was sure glad I did!! I told my DH that there were at least 50 things that were different from our last trip. When we were in parks, I’d at least heard of many f them. So here I am still reading after my Dec trip without any trip on the horizon as I have a kid heading to college.
I have not ventured into the podcasts yet but now you guys have my interest piqued!
Yes this is an additcion and no one here or on the DIS boards will tell you there’s anything wrong with that LOL

2 Likes

I have an iPhone so I subscribe to podcasts via iTunes, but I think there is a way to do it on the podcast websites too. Lately I’ve been listening to The Backside of Magic, Be Our Guest, DisUnplugged and the Touring Plans podcasts. They help me get into the Disney frame of mind while commuting to and from work.

1 Like

I’m sure you can find a podcast thread on here too.

My wife planned our Feb 2016 trip. I didn’t think much of it leading up to it…but after spending a week there something came over me…i don’t know if it was how happy my kids were or how much fun we all had together, but I almost immediately booked our upcoming April trip after we got home. I definitely crossed over into the “Disney freak” territory.

I haven’t been listening to podcasts, but will start doing so. Thanks for the tips.

7 Likes

Like others have already said - yes to both. We last went in May 2016, and we’re not sure yet of our next trip. It will either be late this year or early next, but I find it still worth it to stick around. There are always so many changes happening with Disney, I think it is too hard to catch up on them all once you finally decide on a trip date.

2 Likes

I think you are right about that - at some point, staying in touch with all things Disney does become an attractive way to keep the memories and feelings of past trips alive. I was lucky enough to visit the Magic Kingdom as a preschooler during its first year open, and to be able to bring my kids to visit as preschoolers (by which point all four parks were open). So I have memories of believing everything to be real and of experiencing that “realness” again through my children’s eyes, and those are very powerful and special memories.

As an aside, my husband is from Central America and was not as well-versed in WDW and Disney characters. He didn’t make it to WDW until he was an adult, and it’s his favorite place for vacation. Although he’s not a Disney addict, he indulges my addiction because it brings back special memories for him, too. He used to bring his refillable Disney mugs to work to keep the magic alive, but after quite a few of them were stolen by co-workers, he contents himself by using them only at home. And I’m glad for that, because every time one of his Disney mugs disappeared at work, he was devastated.

We also love checking out vehicles here (New England) with AP or DVC magnets, Disney decals and stickers, the antennae ornaments, and personalized plates with a Disney theme. Seeing those puts a smile on everyone’s face!

1 Like