Discounts on rooms? How to get them

So we’re staying BLT, renting points. My daughter wanted BCV studio (loves the Murphy bed). I reserved on line rack rate for 2 nights. A friend sent me a pixie dust code, which I assumed was just for her family so I called and they said yes that’s unique for them. She then put me on hold to see if she could find any discount for us. Put me on hold several times. Finally came back and said she couldn’t find anything but to keep calling back. I should have asked, but why keep calling back to check? Do they drop more reduced rates between now and November? I feel like no liner pays rack rate, lol. But here I am, dishing out $500 per night :frowning:

They may release more discounts, depending on how bookings go.

But that applies more to non-DVC resorts. November is peak season for DVC so I wouldn’t get your hopes too high. The only way there would be more availability through Disney direct would be if there are enough cancellations within 60 days of your dates, when they could take the points from DVC and sell it themselves. As I say though, it is highly unlikely for a DVC room at that time.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I somehow feel like I’m missing an opportunity, and just want to make sure I don’t!

If you were interested in a BC resort room rather than a studio MVT did have agency exclusive rates around that time. It’s been a while since I got the quote so not sure what availability would be now.

1 Like