Direct vs resale

It’s worth noting that the availability of 2022 / 2023 points (or lack thereof) is baked into resale contract prices usually.

What resorts can Riviera resale points be used at? Just Riviera? DLH villas? Or something else?

Yes, I was looking at contracts today that the price per point was a couple of dollars more for some points.

For direct points DVC will bank points bought on the last day of a UY. Will they bank resale points banked past banking deadline? If they won’t , only December UYs have a chance to close to bank 2022 points.

1 Like

Only Riviera. So in some ways the resale restrictions will also start to help at 7 months. The more people have points locked into one resort…

1 Like

If this is how you feel, I would wait. It’s not going to be the last contract ever and you should be confident about your decision.

fwiw would be a tough choice for me, too. We bought our first contract GF resale, but followed it up with a small 25 point direct contract for the blue card benefits (when 25 was what you needed). We don’t live in the US so some benefits aren’t useful (preview nights) but we’ve managed to do Moonlight Madness a few times, waaay back we got an amazing deal on Annual Passes, and we do love top of the world (although I’m confused about white/blue on that one). Even in aggregate I probably wouldn’t pay an extra 4k for 10 points plus the benefits we do enjoy. But throw in the ability (or inability without) to book new resorts and that might tip me over…

It’s a super fun decision to make, though!

3 Likes

I have seen ones with points already banked. But nit many.

2 Likes

I thought someone stole your avatar! How dare they! :rofl:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I would do that to myself!

Fortunately, I’m letting myself keep my avatar.

And I still like the kefta, so we can still be friends too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a relief on both counts!

2 Likes