Dinosaur!

We’re headed to DW in early February for our second trip. My 9 year old son and I really want to try DINOSAUR at AK. I’ve read a bunch about the ride though and while many people lovet, many also say it ruined their day because it was either too intense or it hurt their neck or back. I don’t like fast rides or drops but I can do jerky. My son loves dark and scary rides and doesn’t mind fast and drops.
I’m wondering what to expect with this ride. Should we add it to our TP or skip it?

I think you’ll love it.
The premise is that you’re going back in time to try to rescue a small dinosaur or something. Your giant jeep vehicle (with 15 or 18 people?) bumps along as though you’re driving through the wild, past animatronic dinosaurs. It’s dark, there are a few baddies that come your way, and at times surprising. Jerky but I have a bad neck and it was totally bearable… we did it 3 or 4 times in a row.
So if you’re okay with dark and scary, and okay with a little bumpy, it’s a definite yes.

Have you ever driven full speed over a speed bump? Or been in a car when someone takes a corner way too fast? That is how I would explain Dinosaur. It sounds like you and your son will love it. I will never forget my 4 year old niece hanging on as she was being bounce out of the seat laughing nonstop.

Dinosaur is one of the highest tech rides in WDW. It’s dark and bumpy, and some say very loud (although I haven’t really noticed that. One of my favorites.

I am a ride wimp but Dinosaur is one of my favorites! No big drops, just non stop good times!

Sounds great! We’ll try it and I’ll let you know how it goes! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like