Dinner upgrades on DCL

The concierge person did. I think Pirates night be your double night maybe? On the four nighters anyway but yes the concierge person had the schedule when I called them so it must be out there.

So that must be a benefit of concierge. Most cruisers, at least when I cruised, received their rotation when you checked in at the port. Pirate Night for my 4 night on the Dream was night three. I had Animator’s Palate night three and four.

I wonder if you call customer service and if they might know it too or if you can just go with wherever I eat on pirates night will be my repeat restaurant. I’m curious. I’m going again in August and very close to my ability to book things but I’m concierge again. My email to them is typed and ready to push send at 10:59pm my time on April 1 I think. I am requesting Enchante dinner on our 1923 night so I can report if they had that schedule again or not this time. But if it’s there for concierge guests I bet it’s there for non, because my parents were not concierge (though they were seated with us of course) so I really think it’s decided for everyone months in advance.

I am searching and all I can find is that your rotation is no longer on your Key to the World card (how it was for me in 2019) but is in the Navigator app when you board. I really think you know because of concierge.

We were on the Dream in October. Our dining rotation didn’t show up until we were on the ship and it was on our digital navigator.

There were no animations in October. Maybe a loss due to Covid??

Your TA needs to book the early dinner time for you if that’s the case. If you go to Remy or Palo do you have childcare? The kids club had to be pre-booked in October and wasn’t available for certain ages. I didn’t pay attention to that because I had a 12 year old who went to Edge when ever he wanted. The kids club restrictions may have changed by now.

1 Like

There was no entertainment during dinner on the Dream in October per se. Our servers did magic tricks and tried to keep my DS12 entertained. Characters did a walk thru at Enchanted Garden and Royal Palace. Royal Palace had a violinist and pianist during during but no other entertainment.

I thought this was referring to the shows being offered twice so that if you had the early dinner you could go to the late show and if you had the late dinner you could go to the early show?

Is that still happening?

Yes, those Broadway style shows were still happening with limited capacity, first come first served seating. I thought the OP was talking about entertainment DURING dinner.

We were assigned a specific night for the fireworks. Fireworks happened twice on the 5 day 4 night cruise and everyone was assigned one of two specific nights for the fireworks.

1 Like

Oh! That’s great info.

I’m reading the UG cruisers guide and it made me think of this thread because it states you can request a particular rotation by calling 800-951-3532. This might be a good way to pick your upscale dining night and then choose your rotation to make that work for you so you get to visit every main restaurant too.

I also put in my request this week with concierge for a dinner at Enchante on what would be my 1923 night and got a receipt email today saying my requests have been put in and will show up next week on My Plans so I’m betting what concierge does is just what the guide says you can do yourself.