Dining without any reservations?

The one place we had an issue was Mama Melrose’s. One of my DS11 twins ordered the cheese pizza off the kids menu and the server said she’d need to charge him an adult price. Whatever. It’s what he wanted. But others said they specifically had that issue there too. I think that’s the only place that even blinked about them sometimes ordering off the kids menu. (There were 7 of us. Trust me, we were ordering plenty of food. :sweat_smile:)

That’s the only place I’ve ever had an issue too.

1 Like

Good to know. Been there no once, no plans to ever go back.

This last trip my friend and I shared an entrée a few times too. No issues, they happily brought an extra plate.

I didn’t even know we could eat at the resorts! I just assumed you had to be a resort guest to eat there. Lol Good to know.

1 Like

Oh man, sometimes we would go to a certain food court BC they had something we loved. Told the gate guard once, we’re just here for the brownies. Now with covid you need an ADR and sometimes I’ve been lucky to be passed through with a MO

2 Likes

We just take the resort buses even though staying off-site to go to the resort restaurants.

3 Likes

Of course. I was just recounting a visit to Orlando area years ago when we lived near the Everglades. We were up there for something else but wanted to eat at a certain food court. They don’t like ppl to just show up anymore

There are 2 ways you can definitely eat at the resorts:

1. Have an ADR
  2. Arrive via any Disney transportation or by walking

Other possibility:
If arriving by private vehicle or Uber/Lyft, they usually will let you in if you have a mobile order already placed, but it’s not officially permitted so no guarantees. Maybe ~90% successful?

2 Likes

I want to try getting into FQ this weekend, by car, while we’re are staying at Kadini. I want to see if they will let us in if we are guests on property, even if it’s not their resort. I’ll report back. I’ll share pictures of the beignets if Im’ successful. I’m not going bus hopping to get there.

3 Likes

You could take the boat launch from DS.

1 Like

I thought about doing a bus hop thing too but I really don’t want to spend all that time on transportation.

3 Likes

Just checking to see if you were able to park your car at the resort for mobile ordering and getting beignets recently.

Prepandemic, we had no issues.

1 Like

I never tried this week. I will try when DH and I are at BLT though.

1 Like