Dining Plans Cancelled!

Did I post here?

Re-opening thread updated with news that ADR booking for some Disney Springs locations is open up to 60 days ahead.

You may need to use the website, not the app.

1 Like

Ah. I knew I read it. Here is is, from Disneyā€™s own website:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not so much concerned with dining because Iā€™ve never had an issue getting what we want, although Oā€™hana is probably the most ā€œdesirableā€ of what we usually select. LOL! My kids are 17 and 14 so we usually do the Oā€™hana character bā€™fast for reliving fond memories. They are no longer interested in the character meets, fireworks and parades, either. They are more into food. It looks like we can get the same food at Kona anyhow.

My biggest concern right now is the park entry dates. As so many of us are, Iā€™m a planner. In fact, when there was a rumor out about AP holders, FL residents and resort guests getting priority for entrance into the park upon reopening, I booked one night at the All Star Movie resort for the time frame we plan to go to MK. Later in the week, we have our 3-night stay at the Yacht Club (substitute for the Poly Studio we had in March) and that coincides with the day we want to go to Epcot.

Obviously, if we cannot get into the parks while we are staying at the resort properties or even off property, what is the point? Iā€™ve already got our 2-bed/2-bath villa booked at the Marriott Cyprus Harbor, so Iā€™d cancel the All Star room if staying on property doesnā€™t make a difference in park entry dates.

Sorry for rambling.

All signs point to DVC and resort guests getting FIRST dips on reservations into the parks, followed by AP holders. Of course, we donā€™t know yetā€¦but I donā€™t think AP holders will likely get priority over resort guests.

The big problem I think Disney is facing now is if they already have too many people booked in the resorts. We donā€™t know if thatā€™s the case, of course. Iā€™d like to see some math on it.

I know that the All Star Resorts have a total of 5444 rooms (from my calculations). Pop and AoA are another 4860. The resorts beyond that have fewer rooms individually, but still add up to a lot of rooms.

Now, I know that the resorts were not full when they shut down making reservationsā€¦but how NOT FULL they are, we canā€™t know.

If the rooms at just the values are filled with an average of 3-4 people per room, that is about 36,000 people right there. Thatā€™s enough to fill probably two of the parks to the reduced capacity.

Anyhow, one of these days Iā€™ll try to do better calculations, including DVC rooms, etc.

Is anyone seeing any ADRā€™s available other than Disney Springs?

Here Iā€™ll help you get started, good luck!
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/number-rooms

Ah! Perfect! I figured there was someplace that had them all in one place.

Okay. My quick calculations.

Number of WDW resort rooms (not including non-WDW properties such as Swan and Dolphin, etc): 25,691.

Now, I found something that indicated that Disney runs at about 85% of their rooms filled. It is probably less than that at the moment, but Iā€™ll stick with that. So that leaves us with 21,837 rooms.

If we say there are 4 guests per room on average, that amounts to 87,349 guests.

Now, if you add maximum capacity of the parks together across all four, you get about 285,000 guests. Thatā€™s at 100% capacity. If Disney opens at 20%, then you have room for 57,000 guests. If Disney opens at 30% capacity 85,500 guests.

So, you are right at the edge there.

Now, 4 guests per room, on average, might be high. For example, we have 7 people going, but staying across 3 rooms. Thatā€™s 2.33 persons per room. Of course, some rooms will have more, others less.

1 Like

So what are we betting this will be? Any hints or leaks? Will we finally get a MaxPass style system at WDW? :thinking: (A man can dream ā€¦)

Sorry. This is Disney weā€™re talking about. No dreaming allowed. Unless youā€™re sleeping. In which case, it is a wish your heart makes while youā€™re fast asleep.

2 Likes

This might help, the info is right here at your fingertips:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/number-rooms

For some reason the DVC rooms at AKL arenā€™t listed separately. I donā€™t know if theyā€™re included in thenAKL count or not.

Edit: never mind, I see @cherokee_jacket already posted!

I bet you anything you like there will still be FPs.
And still a benefit for onsite guests.
And paid options for extra ones via Genie.

But it could be offsite guests only get them on the day.

1 Like

Do you think they will reinstate the 90 day club level fantasies? Or at least something equivalent?

Possibly MaxPass style, but I really hope itā€™s still free - I know this is unlikely.

1 Like

The CL fantasies? Tell us more! :wink:

Seriously, I donā€™t know. I think they were a trial for a wider roll-out of paid FPs. So I think they might exist in a slightly different form, via Genie. But I donā€™t know when Genie will debut, other than a guess at once they return to full capacity and ā€œnormalā€ life returns.

1 Like

ā€œlikeā€

Honestly, I just wish theyā€™d stop sending me emails that say the same thing over and over bc everytime I get an email from Disney Destinations with the header ā€œNews about changes to your upcoming reservationā€ I have a mini panic attack. Only to find that itā€™s basically reiterating about dining, dining plans, experiences, and fpā€™s being cancelled.

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™ve been thinking about that. Sometimes when there is a financial investment involved, a business will make multiple attempts/methods to contact the party involved if something changes to ENSURE they didnā€™t miss it.

I wonder if Disney is kind of doing the same. Yes, we told you this alreadyā€¦but maybe you missed it? We donā€™t want you to continue forward with your plans until we know for SURE you know what youā€™re in for.

So, they send it multiple times as a precaution for those who arenā€™t as diligent as others.

Thatā€™s all I can really figure.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a lot of truth there. I have been theorizing that itā€™s also to partly keep planting those seeds of doubt to get more people to cancel.
They could just send an email that requires you to click through to accept the changes and their impact on your reservation. That way you canā€™t claim you didnā€™t know.

Ha! I didnā€™t even notice that autocorrect!!

I guess Iā€™m just hopeful that maybe the CL rooms will get some extra perkā€¦like maybe if they do offer the paid Genie option, CL rooms will get it for free. Or something along those lines.