Dining Plans are coming back but no date or details yet

Speaking of Disney Resort hotel stays, we know many of you are also wondering when Disney dining plan packages will return. While we’re not quite ready to share an update on timing, we are planning to bring this guest-favorite option back at a later date. We will also continue to reopen more Resort offerings, including restaurants like ‘Ohana (with the noodles!).

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-dining-plan/news/30jun2021-disney-confirms-that-the-disney-dining-plan-packages-will-return-to-walt-disney-world.htm

3 Likes

The comments are turned off to the blog article…otherwise they would have received a fairly large piece of my mind. :unamused:

2 Likes

Comments are open on the FB post.

At least Goofy and Pluto are coming to visit

Back at your Disney Resort hotel, you’ll enjoy even more magic! During the celebration, be on the lookout for surprise appearances by some favorite Disney pals like Goofy and Pluto, who will be dressed in their EARidescent best and dropping by to visit with guests at Disney Resort hotels!

I posted this first…

So I guess if you are the rabble you get a bonus 30 minutes, but if you are willing to fork over more than $500 a night you can have multiple extra hours.

It was far more equitable when extra hours were for anyone on property.

With the resort parking charges, no FPP, expensive dining packages (when available), and only an extra 30 minutes in the parks, there is little to no advantage to staying on property in a Value or Moderate resort anymore. Middle class families would save far more money staying off site outside of the bubble.

In the end…WDW will get far less of the middle class vacation budgets, and will also make it easier for these families to spend their vacation time and money at other Central Florida vacation destinations since they will already be outside of the bubble.

I can’t even begin to unpack how disappointed I am with Disney in making this decision.

and it was deleted. I reposted without the first paragraph. We will see how long that lasts.

It was also deleted.

Apparently they don’t want anyone to not absolutely love their decisions!!

6 Likes

On the dining plan, what do you think the odds are that it will so changed as to be unattractive to people that used to like it? I give it 60%.

2 Likes

Well there are some pretty snarky comments still. My fav was about ‘classism’. On a happy note, Disney did mention Annual Passes in the news drop :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

DDP will be one of the things that when it comes back will likely be very similar to what is was before.

DDP was a big money maker. Anytime you get people to pay in advance for something that they might not end up using is a money maker.

The delay on this returning is more about making sure that WDW can supply the food and staffing to meet the demand. Both food and people are in short supply and the prices for both are unstable.

4 Likes