Dining Plan... Thought on my plan :-)

That’s a lot of food but, having done the dining plan before, that’s what you get…a lot of food. I think you’ve made some good choices. Bon appetite

1 Like

I don’t do DDP, but it sounds like a good selection of meals. Only question I have is the Luau - it doesn’t get many good reviews…

1 Like

@bswan26 thanks for the advice on Luau read some more review and will probably drop it.

1 Like

If you look at the CS menus on the TP app you can see bagels, grits, Danish, most items listed as sides during breakfast will count as snacks.

1 Like

Wolfgang looks delicious!!! Will probably change that on plan. I am only have the one Cs breakfast planned because it’s a “stay in kinda morning” I would like to give everyone a break lol… The CS lunch is because its the day we arrive and I have a feeling the kids will want to eat the second we get there as my plan is to take a early flight. The CS dinner is dinner on the fly at the ( hopefully) MNSSHP night.

Is my math making any sense tho? With the hopes that free dining will come out.

I’d have to do the math as it seems to me that using your free dining credits and then paying oop for the few extra TS meals would be cheaper…

1 Like

@999HappyHaunts I think what’s bewildering me is this… UGH!! I can’t get pic to upload the NTKS SEE YA REEL SOON CALCULATOR SAYS… My upgrade cost from free to deluxe is $1264… And then on the box below it says… My pay oop meals cost is $2061. So maybe that’s why I’m thinking I’ll be making out?

And if I understand you correctly, youre saying… Pick up more CS meals…and take the “plus plan” use 8 TS meals and pay OPP for the rest?
I’m dumb with math so…lol

I am sorry, but you are simply planning too much food and you are planning to waste money.

Choose ONE table service per day. You are about to waste 40% of your vacation eating. The food portions are beyond huge at WDW and my DS10 and I still split meals. Free dining is not free, you give up the room discount. Your other issue is you have now scheduled your entire vacation around food? And Disney food is no better than a local Applebees. I love atmosphere too, but if you want a foodie vaca, go to New York.

I eat no more than $50 a day at WDW, in a combination - which is FLEXIBLE - throughout my trips (it’s the drinks that add up). My 10 year old eats a portion of that and MAYBE $20 including ice cream treats. We eat at various signature restaurants.

The luau is TERRIBLE, terrible show and terrible food.

I generally cringe when people think the deluxe plan and planning their vacation around WDW food is a good idea, unless they are adults, have been before and they are specifically going there to experience food/ restaurants. How old are your kids? Sure you don’t want to grab and sandwich and let them ride dumbo instead? Maybe chicken nuggets, when they are actually hungry, and let them swim in the pool? Do you seriously eat appetizers AND dessert with your meals on a daily basis?

Order snack type items and staples from Garden Grocer - food & drink in the room is MOST convenient. Take the room discount. Pay OOP and make no more than ONE TS reservation a day.

I want you to have a wonderful vacation. I want all of your family to be happy. I am not trying to be negative. I know how it feels when a trip is so far away and it’s so fun - and so easy - to plan, and plan and work on ADRs. I bought the Tables in Wonderland card, which going every month, maybe one TS a day, is an actual value at 20% off. It covers the tip - did you add that into your thinking? 20% tips on all those meals? But when your feet hit the ground in the World, everything changes.

As a test, make some test runs at home. Would you go out to eat a sit down breakfast and a sit down meal, in a restaurant, complete with apps and dessert today, tomorrow, the next day and the next and the next… you’d explode :wink:

3 Likes

As above and the syrsoon calculator is out of date and its figures are now wrong. Sorry don’t do it.

1 Like

DW and I were in WDW for 7 days last last trip. We had 13 TS meals, 8 of them signature (including V&A Chef’s Table). For lunch we typically split an app and entree, and for dinner split an app and each had our own entrees. We had dessert with dinner, rarely at lunch. Breakfasts were snacks that we picked up at various CSs. It was perfect for us.

Even with that many TSs, I could not do the DxDP; app, entree, AND dessert, 2 meals a day for 7 days goes well beyond even my ability to eat.

I would not equate ANY of the TS meals with Applebee’s. I’ve had some meals that were not as good as others (and one or two downright failures), but on the whole, I find the quality of WDW TS meals to be well above average, and in some cases, outstanding.

But I fall into your “some adults” caveate; dining while on vacation is just as important to me as riding the same rides that I’ve been on many times before.

Good advice to remember the tipping; It’s great to get a $200 CRT covered by the DDP - but you are still expected to leave a $35-40 tip on that amount…

But I DO agree that for a family with kids, a whole lot of TSs (unless you are doing CMs for them) may not be the best way to go.

1 Like

@bswan26 thank you for your responses!! I’m going to reevaluate and see if I can cut out some things to possible drop down to the plus dining. 1Ts, 1Qs… In reguards to character meals… I do have 7 listed. Some are repeats that we liked and some are new.

Thanks to everyone else, who’s suggestions are being taken into consideration also
You guys are the best!!! No one else would understand :smiley::smiley::smiley:

We’ve had some trps with the dp and some oop…we have two kids (6 and 10) and for us sitting and eating in a TS restaurant is important, even the kids like it and we typically do it daily, occasionally twice (breakfast and dinner.) Discussing our favorite “wdw restaurant” is common at our house. That being said, oop we can spend dp or less for all meals/snacks/alcohol/tips so it works out for us! I don't use the calc but actually look at menus to get a solid idea of what we will eat. I then calculate tips/tax. Yes, there is convenience to having the dp paid for, but I'm too cheap to throw away . Maybe calculate a few days worth to get a sense?

1 Like

Ok guys… Now let me ask you this question… Don’t kill me lol… I’ve chopped the list… I have 8TS that I think we would like all new to us except one.
Biergarten (D)
Be our guest (D)
50’s Prime time (D)
Ohana(B)
1900(D)
Chef Mickeys(B)
CRT(B)
HDDR(D)
With the last two being two credits… Would you suggest paying OOP for 50’s and Ohana… Those seem to be the cheaper meals(again I think) or is paying oop for the meals that cost 2 credits the better way to go…

Remember this is me banking on the free dining with the upgrade now only to the “plus”( I think that’s what it’s being called now) either way I would probably add it in.

pay oop for 2 credit meals is best value.

2 Likes

@mumcalsop by paying those two OOP will give me two more sit downs covered in the plan… It’s all starting to make sense now… Lol

2 Likes

Look at wdwprepschool website for which meals are best values on DP.

1 Like

what if you do BOG for L instead of dinner to use a CS credit rather than a TS?

1 Like

I was actually hoping to do both

2 Likes

Good call. We loooooved dinner.

Haven’t done dinner, but for me BOG lunch was a “one and done”. The dining room was very pretty and I’m glad I saw it, but the food was just average CS fare, brought to your table.

1 Like