Dining plan: kids vs adults meals

I think I read somewhere that kids can only eat from the kids menus… I have noticed that many of the menus for kids have the same stuff: uncrustables, a power pack thing, and cheese pizza, maybe nuggets. If an adult does the ordering, do they HAVE to order kids meals, or can they order from the adult menu for the kids? Does the DDP distinguish when you flash your magic band? Does this even make sense? LOL…I hope someone gets what I’m saying…

At counter service they can order anything. At table service it is from the kid’s menu.

4 Likes

At table service they will have to use the kid’s menu but at counter service it won’t matter.

4 Likes

Jinx!

4 Likes

I’m just back from WDW. We had a free dining plan and did not order a single QS kids meal for our DS6 - like you say the kids meals are all pretty samey - we had 0 problems doing this.

We also went for a lot of buffets and 'Ohanas for our TS meals so that he was not stuck with the boring kids TS menus much either.

2 Likes

Yes, doing the buffets and family style Table Service restaurants worked really well for my adventurous, hearty eaters. The child TS credit pays for the child meal price, but the food is the same. And we used all of our CS credits on meals from the regular menu. There’s no designation for child/adult credits for the CS restaurants.

2 Likes

Most excellent. Thank you all for your help!