Dining Plan help

I have had the dining plan on past trips, and thought I worked out the math for my October trip, and thoughts it didn’t make sense for us to get it. Notice all the thoughts! I just found out about the changes to include an alcoholic beverage and two snacks per day instead of one.
We do mostly character breakfasts, and the last couple times with the dining plan we had lots of leftover snack and QS credits. However, we also go during food and wine, so this snack credit change could be huge!
Before I redo the math, anyone have any feedback on drink exclusions? Also, I’d like to make sure that it’s still credits per room (meaning I could use 10 snacks one day while my DH uses two TS/QS).
Any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

I did the deluxe and regular dining plan during my split stay in February. I cannot think of any exclusions except for “flights”.

Yes, you can share credits in your room. I love using snack credits at festivals booths. You can also exchange QS meals for three snacks at one booth. You just need to tell them when you order. We often use most of our snacks over two of three meals at the booths.

3 Likes

As far as drink exclusions, every restaurant had their own policy. It usually was a maximum price for the drink (typically around $15) but generally included almost all drinks. As @PrincipalTinker said, I think drink flights were mostly excluded. Also any special glasses. I know that I could only get a Lapu Lapu at Ohana if I got it in a glass and not a pineapple. :disappointed_relieved: But I could get just about anything else.

You can get the Lapu Lapu in a pineapple if you pay $5 (which I thought was worth it since I think it’s a huge part of that drink). It’s weird though because at some restaurants I was able to order a $20 glass of wine and it was included with the dining plan. So it’s very true every restaurant has their own policy.

1 Like

Huh, I’m pretty sure that our waitress did not give me the option of paying extra for the pineapple. I totally would have done that. My only choice was to pay for the full drink (with pineapple) out of pocket or get it in a glass.

Weird. I will say we had an awesome waiter when we were there. He mentioned it to us (although I was going to ask because I had read somewhere on the forum that you could pay for the pineapple).

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. I’ll be sure to make use of it on our next trip!

1 Like

Now I want a Lapu Lapu after all this talk of pineapples.:joy:

1 Like

Me too! :smile:

1 Like

This is best I can do.

1 Like