Dining in the magic kingdom suggestions

I had originally picked crystal palace, but my son(8) said he doesn’t care to eat with winnie the pooh. Any other suggestions for magic kingdom dining that will be cool enough for a 8 year old boy? we also have tusker house for another night, isnt that a character dining? so i guess i dont need another character meal, just something cool a boy might like.

Skipper Canteen could be fun.

TH is a character meal. I don’t think there’s anything very cool in MK! DS then 11 loved eating in the West Wing at BOG. Maybe Skippers Canteen if he likes Jungle Cruise?

thanks, I’ll check out skippers!

I have a DS8 and DS5. I also had trouble choosing meals for our MK days. We decided on dinner at BOG (to meet the Beast) and taking the monorail to 'Ohana at the Poly for another meal. We are going for a late breakfast which is a character meal (my youngest wanted to see Stitch), but I’ve heard the evening meal is fun there too if you sit where you can watch them cook. If you can’t get 'Ohana, but don’t mind going to the Poly anyway, Trader Sams might be an option. It is a bar so it has a pretty limited food menu, but the atmosphere may be cool for your son. I’m taking my boys there on our first, non-park day.

I struggled with the same thing with my son who is about the same age. However, we settled on dessert for dinner! We chose to attend the Fireworks Dessert party on a night where we can see both Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After. There are so many options from cheese and fruit to super sweet desserts and cookie decorating, etc. He thought this was just as good if not better than dining with characters… and we had the best view of the fireworks! I hear the fireworks pirate cruise is also really fun but haven’t tried that personally.