Dining for Animal Kingdom full day

Ok, first timer and our ADR date is in a little over 30 days away. We’ve decided on our priority restaurants with backup options for every day, except our full Animal Kingdom day ( we are doing one full day and one half day at each of the four parks). We are considering the following options:

1. Boma breakfast at 7:30 - our AK half day is a morning and we plan to rope drop, so this is not an issue.
  2. Sanaa - lunch with a bit of exploration of Animal Kingdom Lodge and then back to the park. We have scheduled a bit of break time at our resort (Pop) most of our other days but since AK is so far from everything, we figured this would replace that.
    -or-
  3. Forego leaving the park at all and eat lunch at Tusker House or Yak & Yeti

Thanks in advance for any input and advice!

Tusker House and Yak and Yeti are 2 of our favorite (and must do) restaurants in all of WDW. We like Sanaa okay, never been to Boma, but we are all about park dining to increase park hours and decrease travel times. TH is great if you book around 10:30am, that gets you breakfast and lunch foods. Yak and Yeti is fantastic, no characters there. Food is wonderful.

2 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

It just looks too similar to Tusker and we always go there. We even stayed a week at AKL and never went. I do love Jiko though.

Thank goodness. I was starting to worry about you.:joy:

1 Like

Yak and yeti was one of my favorite meals on my last trip!

We loved Sanaa and AKL. When we stayed there it seemed like buses to AK were every 10 minutes at most so you likely wouldn’t waste too much time with travel. There are a lot of cultural activities around the lodge that can be fun. It also has a few nice quiet spaces to sit and relax if you are using it to replace your break.

I didn’t love the Boma Breakfast, but I don’t like traditional breakfast (i.e. eggs, pancakes, bacon) and found most of it was this sort of thing. I was expecting more interesting offerings so I was disappointed.

I’ve never been to TH, but I’ve heard great things. Considering doing the Rivers of Light dining package for our next trip.

2 Likes

Since you’re a first timer I wouldn’t leave the park. So much to do and see there and time lost in travel. Yak and Yeti and TH are two of my favorite places.

1 Like

When we spent the full day in AK in October, we did a late breakfast at Tusker House and then dinner at Satu’li Canteen. Loved them both, will repeat both next trip. If you choose to leave the park, we loved Boma at breakfast and dinner. Sanaa was good for lunch.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t leave the park. You’ll waste a lot of time. We loved TH.

1 Like

We(DW, DS2, DS4) are heading to AK this coming Wednesday and doing Tusker House for Lunch and Yak & Yeti for dinner. planning on toughing it out the whole day at the park.

1 Like

That’s a lot of food. You might not be hungry for a big dinner after lunch at TH unless you do the QS.

1 Like

Another plug for Tusker House, especially if you have children with you. Nice variety of food on the buffet, with some interesting options for anyone who is sick of park-food. We took our time there and it was a perfect mid-day break, with entertaining character interactions that checked a bunch of boxes for the kids.

We stayed at AKL and ate at Sana’a too - while we really enjoyed it, I don’t think it’s worth making a special trip or leaving the park to dine there.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I’m pretty sure we’ll be staying in the park and dining at Tusker House. Thank you for all of your input. It is very much appreciated!