Dining conundrum.... HELP!

So, I planned a trip a while back for my family and I to head to WDW next week. Found out I couldn’t go, so we gave my ticket to a friend of the family. Found out 3 days ago, I CAN GO!!! Managed to secure travel, FastPass+, hotel and park ticket reservations and dining…to 2 of the 3 restaurants my family had already booked. The FP+ and dining reservations were carefully planned to play nice with one another, so changing any of it is not an option. I have spent the last 3 days calling in excess of 12 times a day (I am persistent!) trying to get either added to the reservation or to get a reservation for one…no joy…at all. The restaurant is SciFi Dine-In and there are ZERO cancellations or seats available as of now. We leave early Monday morning…I obviously will keep trying up until the bitter end. That said, if nothing comes open online or over the phone, what are my chances of being accomodated face-to-face as a walk-in?

If you show up as an extra on an existing adr they will normally still take you but may be a bit longer wait.

What do you mean by “extra”? I am beginning to have some optimism here!

You already have a reservation finder set up- right? I say that because on my last trip I ended up canceling 1/2 of my ADRs when I realized I wanted to change my plans. I would show up at least 30 minutes early if you need to add someone. It is a lot easier if you are going from 3 to 4, 45 to 6 or 7 to 8

No! What is a reservation finder?!?!

You can set up a search for the ADR and time you want. Set it to send you a text! It is amazing!

Thank you soooooo much!!!

1 Like