Dining choices

I’m literally laughing out loud!

Oh good. Another change!

Here’s the thing. My plan for the morning is . . .

Beach Club to Les Halles for breakfast
Les Halles to FEA (FPP)
FEA to Future World
Test Track (single rider)
Spaceship Earth (FPP)
Soarin’ (wait in line)

Then head back to Beach Club for my MDE.

The problem is I don’t know how much time I’ll have, so I can’t really make an ADR and I probably won’t have time for a full table service anyway.

So I want something quick and easy that’s on the way from Soarin’ direct to BC, via International Gateway.

I really thought I’d cracked it!

1 Like

Haha sorry! We haven’t been since 2000, it could well be delicious now. But my choice would be Sunshine Seasons. You’re right there when you get off Soarin.

My choice would be Tangierine Cafe- great fresh food.

2 Likes

That’s a terrific suggestion — except that’s already on the schedule: it comes as part of the VIP day of thrills.

I guess I could go twice.

I second Tangierine Cafe… maybe my favorite QS place in all of WDW.

1 Like

I thought there must be a reason you hadn’t already picked it.

We love the fish and chips there! But we are American so that might be why. :wink:

1 Like

Since you’re thinking of eating counter service inside Epcot, you can decide on the fly. There are so many options if you’re willing to walk! An alternative that also wouldn’t require an ADR is Crew’s Cup Lounge inside BC/YC. They’ve changed the menu recently, but it’s still quite good and a nice place to sit and wait.

Oooops. Never mind. Crews Cup doesn’t open until 4:30 pm.

1 Like

As some of you may have read on my other thread (Trip report J18A - #62 by inactiveprofile) about my planning process, the last 24 hours have seen some major changes. Essentially I felt that my plan was broken and I needed to start again from scratch. But with a clearer sense of my priorities.

This has resulted in a few ADR changes.

Arrival night is now Nicoossee’s — early dinner followed by monorail to MK to see HEA. Part of my agenda this year is to see some of the hotels, so that box is ticked. And last year’s arrival night featured HEA, which is a great way to start a WDW vacation!

The original plan had been Jiko’s and exploring AKL. But I did AKL last time (via Sanaa). And I think I like the look of the restaurant and the menu better at Nicoossee’s. Plus the view of the lake and so on. (I’ll miss the zebras and giraffes, I admit. But I’ll see some during my Kilimanjaro Safari.)

Breakfast at Ohana stays — gotta get those Mickey waffles! — plus another hotel to explore.

Tiffins is back in. I like quiet, fine dining. Not everything has to be new!

HBD stays, Cobb salad and all.

BOG lunch is now on my “if TSL is open I do DHS all day, otherwise I do half a day at MK, half a day at DHS” day.

Brunch at California Grill and dinner at Maison Paul stay, as does breakfast at Les Halles.

Which just leaves my last meal. I’m trying to get Beaches and Cream. I have ADR finder on the case! It feels a safe choice in the sense that I’m physically in the right place for where I need to be next: getting on the MDE from Beach Club.

I may book Le Cellier again as an alternate if B&C doesn’t come up.

4 Likes

Hrmm

I know beaches and cream is reservation only now, but with you going solo this time, and the way the bar seating works out, I wonder if you couldn’t just get a single seat at the bar.

1 Like

For those of you still following . . .

Am I nuts to cut Jiko? I could fit it in. Is the food really that good? How does it compare with Sanaa? (It’s in the same building, right? But with no views?)

1. Yes, cutting Jiko is a big mistake. 2. Sanaa is not in the same league as Jiko. 3. No, Sanaa is in Kidani (smaller) Jiko is in Jambo (breathtakenly grand) :grinning:
1 Like

Sold!

Yeah, I wondered why the lobby at the Sanaa venue didn’t look anything like the pictures of the AKL lobby I’d seen online.

But you can see animals at Jambo, right?

Yes, but not from the restaurants.

If you walk through the lobby you go down the stairs and there is a big fire pit. There are also viewing areas. After Jiko, if you walk outside, past the pool there are more viewing areas and during certain hours there are night vision goggles.

1 Like

I consider Jiko and Monsieur Paul to share the title of best food in WDW outside of V&A…

1 Like

Gosh. Well, I’m glad I put it back!

And cross with all of you for letting me take it out in the first place!

:kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Sounds like you got an answer already, but yes! It is an amazing meal. Not to be missed!

2 Likes

Your food choices look great, When I saw your last day plan I couldn’t help but think that you ought to do soarin first, or are you not planning on RD?