Dining Choices - Crossing two out

I haven’t been to all of them, but of this list we loved BOG dinner, 1900 Park Fare (really good buffet food and fun characters–plus getting to see the GF), T-Rex (yes, it is loud, but great), and 50s Primetime is my #1 must do whenever we go to WDW. I just love the atmosphere there and the chicken pot pie is one of my favorite meals.

TRex for reasons mentioned above. It’s crazy loud, especially depending on which room you’re in.
Akershaus breakfast. If princesses aren’t a must, this is a solid skip. If the food isn’t weird, it’s scrambled eggs. Not worth the price.

1 Like

I would say Akershus for sure. We were there for dinner in November and the food wasn’t great. It is nice that you can get Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, and Aurora all in one place, but the interactions were brief (autograph then photo the off to the next table). My family doesn’t find the food weird, but it just wasn’t very good.

Elimination Twins!

1 Like

Wow. I’ve honestly never heard anyone trash TH before!

Twinning!

1 Like

Great minds and all that! :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t eaten at all of them, but Cape May dinner and Boma breakfast were two of our favorite meals when we went in August.

I will definitely go back to both next time we go :slight_smile:

I probably built it up too much in my mind. I wanted to like it so much. I will say that the roasted salmon and roasted chicken were great. The curries were all horrific. Mostly just oversalty, shelf stable packet, or industrial food service can tasting. The falafel were sooooo bad. Fine ground, almost no grain - if was even chickpea - couldn’t tell - might as well have been bisquick.

But again, I got my (Disney) money’s worth out of the roasted chicken, roasted salmon and “jungle” (pog) juice. And as always, our experience with the characters was great. I was just soooo hoping that the ethnic inspired foods were good.

If someone would have told me, “Listen, it’s going to be VERY DISNEY ethnic,” I would have tempered my expectations enough. We had fun, and ate our fill. I don’t wanna come across as “trashing” the place. But, the ethnic foods we had were just really bad. There were some things that were great - the chicken and salmon were great. But all of the things that had any sort of ethnic twinge to them, were not my thing. Over Disney-fied far too much for my tastes.

Does it smell at breakfast too?

What is a CM? Are there other restaurants you would recommend?

Thanks everyone!

On a scale of 1 being quiet and 10 very loud, how loud is TREX? what is the difference between Trex and rainforest café? Thank you

In this instance, CM is character meal.

I haven’t been to either T Rex or Rainforest Cafe, but when the loudness question has been asked before I have seen it rated 11 or 12 - very very loud.

I don’t think it’s overpowering for breakfast…should be fine!

We just ate dinner at Boma 2 nights ago and loved it! I was totally unimpressed with Tusker House food 3 years ago because everything seemed bland and not actually very African. But Boma was interesting and delicious.

1 Like

11 out of?

Out of 10. Off the scale, in other words.

2 Likes

I would drop TRex and Akershus - reasons all mentioned above.

Two questions for the OP.

Is this for the dining plan or just meals? And what meals for each place?

Those are fairly crucial.

For example, BOG dinner will be two credits on the dining plan, and I would be tempted to pay cash for that ; I’ve not seen anyone, ever, say the food there is worth two credits.

And for me, Cape May breakfast is awesome, love the omelettes to order. But seafood - urgh! :face_vomiting:

Personally I would say drop T-Rex (not Disney enough) unless you have pre-teens mad about dinosaurs. And BOG if on the dining plan and just pay cash, or do lunch (the only meal worth it IMO). But then if it’s a matter of fitting them all in, keep BOG if you want to meet the beast.

Definitely keep Garden Grill and 1900 (haven’t done the latter but there are unique characters there).

Wow, that loud! Thank u!

1 Like