Dining, and getting the check taken care of

I’m curious as to how quickly one can get their check taken care of when doing TS meals. I’m the type of person who would prefer they bring me my check as the food drops so when we’re finished eating, we can leave. Does anyone have any experience with this and how quickly CM’s will bring you your check to clear out? Also, I am on the Dining Plan, and have no idea if this makes things move faster or slower for checking out at the end of a meal. I would like to request this at each restaurant but don’t want to come across as rude or pushy or anything, but hey, expensive park time, right?

I usually ask for the check the first time the waitress stops by after the food has arrived.

2 Likes

If you have the dining plan, I would ask for the check when they bring dessert.

1 Like

They will take care of that whenever you want them to. With buffets they often offer to do it immediately since the cost is clear cut and it frees you up to take off whenever you’re ready.

1 Like

Dessert comes with the dining plan. Wait until you get your dessert or you may never get it!

1 Like

If you don’t care about the receipt you can clear out right after they bring the bill. They are trying to move people out so others can come in so you can bet they will have the bill ready. DDP makes it easy as they scan your band first thing.

1 Like

You do have to complete the transaction, right? You need to add a tip?

1 Like

Tipping is easy as you can leave cash and write cash on the bill. If you wish to leave it any other way then it will take more time as they will bring you the bill and you must sign it and then they will bring you the final billing and or receipt. Cash is king as far as we are concerned and with us we do NOT go by percentages but rather service. Everyone is entitled to what they wish to do here but that is how we do it. We also tend to take more time as we DO wait for the final receipt. This is one way you can keep a total of your meal costs to find out if you really do save on the DDP

1 Like