Difference between POFQ standard and garden Room

I currently have reservations for April at POFQ in a standard room. What is the difference between the standard and garden view rooms? I will have a 7, 4, and 15 month old with me. Thanks!

It’s pretty much a difference in view. Standard view will look out over parking lots or buildings. The landscaping at POFQ is nice, so even a parking lot view isn’t too ugly. If you aren’t going to spend a lot of time in the room looking wistfully out the window, then the standard view will be just fine. :smile: With little ones, I would think being close to the lobby would be more useful than view.

I would check the TP room finder for POFQ so you can see where the rooms in the different categories will be. It will give you a good idea of what your options are. Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

If you have your heart set on a certain building, then check to make sure there are plenty of rooms in the category you choose in that building and just request it when you do your online check-in. You can also call and have the phone person add the request to your reservation.

I had a garden room reservation (only because that’s what was available with the 2014 fall discount) and I requested the top floor. There are 3 floors in the POFQ buildings and the pre-generated room requests available with online check-in only stated first or 2nd floors as options, so I called to add my top floor request. I didn’t mind extra stairs in exchange for the absence of little feet above me. I ended up on the 3rd floor in building 3 as close as you could possibly get to the lobby. It was an excellent location.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

1 Like

Since the hallways are outside I always close the blinds and curtains while in my room at PO ( or people walking by can look in). I would never pay for a view but that’s me.