Didn't get my ADRs this morning, but now I think my plan is better?

Wow. Our ADRs are in a day or two. I’m thinking back up plan to the back up plan!

Seriously. I had 2 backups for each of my MK reservations and I needed them. I didn’t expect The Plaza and Liberty Tree Tavern to be my difficult ones, but glad I had back ups! Now I have to find some money to stretch my food budget for our new plan :rofl:

2 Likes

Meh. They’re about the same. I suppose I lean a little more to the walk from TTC because I love Poly so much and you are pretty much just walking through that resort the whole time

1 Like

If it were me I would set a reservation finder for Sci-Fi. For the Orbiting Oreo, of course! Otherwise it all seems like a solid plan. And, if The Fountain is open, then I believe you can get alcoholic shakes there too. If you’re into that. I am!!

3 Likes

I think you’re right. My husband seems to really want to go there… good suggestion.

2 Likes

When we went a few years ago, we wanted to walk from MK and then back to MK for the evening so we didn’t change clothes. They didn’t enforce the dress code other than to ask my husband to take off his hat. However, we were both pretty sweaty and felt underdressed. Next time we would probably change clothes or at least wear something a little nicer (maybe a collared polo shirt for my husband and a cuter top for me).

1 Like

The only time I’ve eaten at California Grill was when I had my rehearsal dinner. We were all kind of dressed up, so not sure I’m the best to answer that dress code question.

I second this. I’ve never had an easy time getting this reservation, but if it’s something your DH really wants to do too…that alone makes it worth the extra effort. I hope you have better luck getting a reservation.

You both are going to have the best time!

2 Likes

When we did brunch at CG it was August and really hot so DH and DS’s brought collared shirts to change into beforehand. I just wore a nicer-ish top. For dinner last January we just wore what we had on in the park all day and it was fine.

1 Like

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Well that sounds magical

1 Like

We decided to cancel our December trip since kids are in school and don’t want them to have to stay out extra to quarantine. All these couples trips really got me thinking, and I realized DH and I have not gone away alone together in 5 years! So we are hoping to go the week before Thanksgiving, to WDW since (I want to and) our usual options of Cancun or a cruise, or my dream trips to Europe, are off the table for now. We decided this about a week ago which was less than 60 days out, so I’ve been stalking for ADRs. Similarly looking for just-before-closing dinners in the parks or after closing at resorts. What I’m really having trouble getting is Sana’a, Topolino’s and Oga’s, but I have res finders going so I’m sure it will work out. I have one at Narcoossees but we’ve never been there, not sure if it’s good? Really hoping that Space 220 will open but I’ve been hoping for that for a year now!

3 Likes

I hope you get to take the trip! I am so excited about actually riding the rides with my husband and enjoying a leisurely meal. Riding Splash Mountain with my 4 year old was hilarious, but I’m looking forward to looking straight ahead on the rides and soaking it in while I can. I know I’ll miss my kiddos, but Mom & Dad need some alone time :revolving_hearts::wine_glass::raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

I’m sure it was. LOL

Out of all the things that happened that week, that dinner is the only fuzzy memory I have. Not because of alcohol but because of the nerves from rehearsal and knowing the next day was finally here and trying to keep everyone happy and distracted. I really only remember us all sitting at the table and the view. I couldn’t tell you what we ate if my life depended on it. You’ll have to tell us if you enjoy the food!

I keep forgetting post covid changed everything. Drinking/dining around the Monorail is SO much fun! Something to look forward to on your next, next trip maybe.

Also, I forgot to add that Baseline is one of my favorite no res spots to recharge in the middle of the day. You might need something a bit more food wise, as their selection was rather limited iirc. Just something to keep in mind.

1 Like

Exactly! Looking forward to leisurely meals and being able to do what we want instead of catering to littles! And since we have been fairly recently, not feeling the need to do it all, but taking a more relaxed pace and enjoy being together :blush:

Disgusting. Alcohol has no place in the Disneyworld. It’s an offense to everything Walt Disney held dear and every time the Demon Rum extends its stain on the Sacred Spaces the travesty is made worse.

3 Likes

Too bad, Kitty. I was going to invite you over for a drink.

1 Like

Is it at this point that I’m supposed to evince my pie-eyed faux-naïve confusion at just what all the fuss is about alcohol?

I need to make my coffee Irish just reading that.

Would you prefer smirking, passively-aggressive self-satisfaction at how some of us don’t need to drink to have a good time?

Oh I wasn’t trying to have a good time. I was trying to get my eye to stop twitching from trying to imagine
something or another pie-eyed faux confuddle or whatever.

Clearly I needed more Irish.