Didn't get my ADRs this morning, but now I think my plan is better?

Set my alarm for 4:45 AM this morning. On the website before 5 (CST) ready to go. I only had 6 ADRs to book but only got 3 of them. I was a little shocked, but pivoted quickly and now I think my dining plan is actually BETTER. I made my own pixie dust!! So- give me your opinions- should I set a Reservation Finder to try and put things back the way I originally intended? Or leave it as is?

This is a Disney Date Trip. Just me & my hubby. No kiddos*

Original Plan:
MK DAY
-The Wave for mimosas
-The Plaza for lunch
-Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner at park closing

What I got instead:
MK DAY
-The Wave for Mimosas
-Be Our Guest for lunch
-California Grill at 8:55 (7 PM park closing)

Original Plan:
HS DAY
-skip breakfast
-Baseline Taphouse snacks for lunch (no res)
-Ogas Cantina in the evening
-Sci Fi Diner for dinner at park closing

What I got instead:
HS DAY
-Ogas Cantina at 10:30 (drinks to celebrate getting a BG or drowning sorrows about not getting BG!?)
-Baseline Taphouse for snacks (no res)
-Dinner to go from our resort (Dolphin)

For our Epcot Day, I didnā€™t make any reservations. Will I regret not having a scheduled break? I plan to snack/drink my way around the world, then head to Abracadabar after park closing.

For our AK Day: Yak & Yeti for an early lunch and then ā€˜The sacred placeā€™ for late afternoon snacks and drinks.

For those who have dinner at Cali Grill after a park day, do you bring a change of clothes? Is there a bar/lounge/shopping we should do between MK park closing (7 PM) and our Cali Grill reservation (8:55 PM)?

Weā€™ve never been to California Grill and now Iā€™m kind of pumped it worked out this way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LUCKY! :slight_smile:

I miss that place a lot. Youā€™ll love it!

2 Likes

I went to California Grill 20 years ago (the last time I was on Disney property) and it remains one of my treasured memories of the trip and dining in general. Itā€™s a brilliant spot.

3 Likes

At The Contemporary, the only lounge open I believe is The Wave Lounge. The one next to Chef Mickeyā€™s is closed. (Outer Rim?)

Of course there is the GF to consider as well.

1 Like

Are you suggesting taking the monorail to GF for a drink, then monorail back to Contemporary for dinner? That sounds lovely! (Full disclosure: Iā€™ve never ridden the WDW monorail. OMG I KNOW.)

2 Likes

Tambu Lounge at Poly is open too, for now anyway

Iā€™ve been wanting to go thereā€¦ the monorail is closed, correct? So best way to Poly & back is a bus or lyft?

Will you share your recipe? :rofl: I think we all need some.

Anyway, thatā€™s a great schedule. Put a couple res-finders out if you want, but thereā€™s nothing wrong with what you got. The dinners at park closing is a really smart move to maximize park time. Congrats!

Yes. Exactly.

You can take the monorail to the TTC and then walk to Poly. It is about a 10 minute walk, I think. Youā€™ll have to walk back to the TTC to take the monorail back around to CR.

I canā€™t speak to the lounges themselves, to I would listen to @OBNurseNH in that regard! :slight_smile:

ETA: Or, you can take the monorail to the GF and walk to Poly. Not sure if that is faster/better or not.

1 Like

Iā€™ll let the husband pick because both options are perfect. What a blessing that todayā€™s decisions are a drink at GF or Poly. My grateful heart is exploding. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Soundsā€¦messy. :wink:

1 Like

My office is a mess.

Monorail from MK to TTC and walk over (very short enjoyable walk)

2 Likes

Or walk to GF, enjoy some Enchanted Rose Lounge action, and then monorail to CR

3 Likes

Now, how do I dress appropriately for California Grill dinner when Iā€™ll be at MK wearing workout pants all day? :face_with_monocle:

Not faster - you have to go past Poly to get off at GF and the walk from GF feels longer to me than the walk from TTC

They donā€™t really enforce the ā€œdress codeā€. Iā€™ve seen people there in all manner of dress.

1 Like

I feel like Iā€™m going to get lost. Drinks + never been to poly or GF + night time = Hubby and me stumbling around the bubble late for CG :joy:

2 Likes

Good to know. Iā€™ll wear my nicest park outfitā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s what it looks like from the map, but Iā€™ve not done it personally so I wasnā€™t sure. Although not sure if the walk from GF to Poly is prettier than the walk from TTC to Polyā€¦or does it matter?