Didn't get my ADRs this morning, but now I think my plan is better?

Set my alarm for 4:45 AM this morning. On the website before 5 (CST) ready to go. I only had 6 ADRs to book but only got 3 of them. I was a little shocked, but pivoted quickly and now I think my dining plan is actually BETTER. I made my own pixie dust!! So- give me your opinions- should I set a Reservation Finder to try and put things back the way I originally intended? Or leave it as is?

This is a Disney Date Trip. Just me & my hubby. No kiddos*

Original Plan:
MK DAY
-The Wave for mimosas
-The Plaza for lunch
-Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner at park closing

What I got instead:
MK DAY
-The Wave for Mimosas
-Be Our Guest for lunch
-California Grill at 8:55 (7 PM park closing)

Original Plan:
HS DAY
-skip breakfast
-Baseline Taphouse snacks for lunch (no res)
-Ogas Cantina in the evening
-Sci Fi Diner for dinner at park closing

What I got instead:
HS DAY
-Ogas Cantina at 10:30 (drinks to celebrate getting a BG or drowning sorrows about not getting BG!?)
-Baseline Taphouse for snacks (no res)
-Dinner to go from our resort (Dolphin)

For our Epcot Day, I didn’t make any reservations. Will I regret not having a scheduled break? I plan to snack/drink my way around the world, then head to Abracadabar after park closing.

For our AK Day: Yak & Yeti for an early lunch and then ‘The sacred place’ for late afternoon snacks and drinks.

For those who have dinner at Cali Grill after a park day, do you bring a change of clothes? Is there a bar/lounge/shopping we should do between MK park closing (7 PM) and our Cali Grill reservation (8:55 PM)?

We’ve never been to California Grill and now I’m kind of pumped it worked out this way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LUCKY! :slight_smile:

I miss that place a lot. You’ll love it!

2 Likes

I went to California Grill 20 years ago (the last time I was on Disney property) and it remains one of my treasured memories of the trip and dining in general. It’s a brilliant spot.

3 Likes

At The Contemporary, the only lounge open I believe is The Wave Lounge. The one next to Chef Mickey’s is closed. (Outer Rim?)

Of course there is the GF to consider as well.

1 Like

Are you suggesting taking the monorail to GF for a drink, then monorail back to Contemporary for dinner? That sounds lovely! (Full disclosure: I’ve never ridden the WDW monorail. OMG I KNOW.)

2 Likes

Tambu Lounge at Poly is open too, for now anyway

I’ve been wanting to go there… the monorail is closed, correct? So best way to Poly & back is a bus or lyft?

Will you share your recipe? :rofl: I think we all need some.

Anyway, that’s a great schedule. Put a couple res-finders out if you want, but there’s nothing wrong with what you got. The dinners at park closing is a really smart move to maximize park time. Congrats!

Yes. Exactly.

You can take the monorail to the TTC and then walk to Poly. It is about a 10 minute walk, I think. You’ll have to walk back to the TTC to take the monorail back around to CR.

I can’t speak to the lounges themselves, to I would listen to @OBNurseNH in that regard! :slight_smile:

ETA: Or, you can take the monorail to the GF and walk to Poly. Not sure if that is faster/better or not.

1 Like

I’ll let the husband pick because both options are perfect. What a blessing that today’s decisions are a drink at GF or Poly. My grateful heart is exploding. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Sounds…messy. :wink:

1 Like

My office is a mess.

Monorail from MK to TTC and walk over (very short enjoyable walk)

2 Likes

Or walk to GF, enjoy some Enchanted Rose Lounge action, and then monorail to CR

3 Likes

Now, how do I dress appropriately for California Grill dinner when I’ll be at MK wearing workout pants all day? :face_with_monocle:

Not faster - you have to go past Poly to get off at GF and the walk from GF feels longer to me than the walk from TTC

They don’t really enforce the “dress code”. I’ve seen people there in all manner of dress.

1 Like

I feel like I’m going to get lost. Drinks + never been to poly or GF + night time = Hubby and me stumbling around the bubble late for CG :joy:

2 Likes

Good to know. I’ll wear my nicest park outfit…

1 Like

That’s what it looks like from the map, but I’ve not done it personally so I wasn’t sure. Although not sure if the walk from GF to Poly is prettier than the walk from TTC to Poly…or does it matter?