Did you see the refurbished AKL rooms?

I saw pics of the refurbished rooms at AKL on Instagram. They look lovely!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvAIxnsHgln/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

6 Likes

Thanks for posting! I really like the way they have blended old with new.

2 Likes

I… am not a fan. Some of the stuff i like (Keurigs in the rooms are a definite plus, as is the added storage.) Some of the stuff i am neutral on (like the bare floors. I prefer carpet but i get why they are doing this in all the refurbs going forward. I just hope that it doesn’t increase noise levels.

But i HATE, and i mean seriously HATE the all white bedding and the loss of the ceiling fans. The different colors and textiles is so intrinsic to the culture they are trying to represent and they have removed all of it. I could deal with the white bedding when they were still doing the runner at the bottom. It no longer looks luxurious to me. It looks generic and basic, and only minimally different from all the other refurb resorts.
AKL has always been my favorite resort but i’m not sure thats going to be true moving forward.

5 Likes

Any one know how far along they are with this? I will be there in 2 weeks so was wondering what the chances are of getting a refurbished room.

I was at Kidani last October. Here is the bedding so it looks like they removed the runner and a couple of decorative pillows?

And the mosquito net drapes, and the heavy cutrains with the sheer behind, and the chair textiles are way more muted now. Kidani rooms are a little different bc they have the couches to break up some of the starkness. The resort rooms just look hard and cold.

2 Likes

From what I’ve been following from a Facebook group, the only rooms so far are on kudu trail in that first little wing that branches off. Half are standard and half are savannah.

Great, thanks for the info

1 Like

I don’t love it either. :pensive:

3 Likes

i agree on the white bedding…boring

4 Likes

The only good things about the refurb are the floors and hopefully more outlets. I too think the old was more colorful

1 Like

I love white bedding. Clean and crisp is how I like my hotel rooms. It still looks in the theme with the cool furniture. (Full disclosure: my house is very minimalistic and modern so My OCD is partial to white bedding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

It looks like they have responded to the complaints that the rooms were too dark. I did not think that they were too dark and I loved them. I will withhold judgement until I see them in person, but I don’t like the new look, as a AKL DVC member :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I really did not care for the old bathrooms and I am excited to see the shower is that same one as Copper Creek (or so it seems). I also love that LK lighting.

My only issue with the bathrooms is that they are really making it not friendly for families with young kids. Most of the new refurbs at CSR do not have tubs. little kids often don’t like or cant use a shower. I don’t mind the look of the new bathrooms so far, but it would be a problem if they’re mostly showers.

1 Like

Maybe they can be like the Copper Creek studios where the showers are a bookable category?

2 Likes

That i have no problem with. I see the appeal of the showers honestly, but for at least a few more years a bath tub is non negotiable for us.

I totally agree with you on the all white bedding in every frigin’ refurb…It’s too stark and uninviting…Disney could at least place a colorful runner at the foot…I miss the ones at the Royal Court Rooms at POR and the pretty bolsters too!

1 Like

I’m with you there!

1 Like

Yes, agree… hard and cold…This is Disney not Swedish Minimalism!

1 Like