Did this happen with genie +?

I read this article last week and expected to see tons of responses here, but I see nothing. But, it’s possible that this has been discussed all over the place and I just don’t know where to look. If they really change genie + this way I don’t see myself every wanting to go there (not being able to prebook genie +). But, I only knew the 3 free FPP system and nothing else.

1 Like

It’s been discussed all over the genie threads.

Disney hope it will stop people using it when they don’t need it like at EP and AK and put some people off buying it at all because it’s inconvenient. They may limit sales in future. They are getting tons of complaints because so many people are buying it right now that standby lines aren’t moving but there’s still a wait in the LL. People dealt with that when they’d got free FPs but not when they are paying for it.

2 Likes

Honestly the Genie thread and drop thread is getting overwhelming. When actual changes come I hope a new thread is started so that it’s not easily missed. Right now there’s so much stuff it’s easy to skip over the most useful info on those threads.

3 Likes

The lead post in both threads are frequently updated with new information. Skip everything else if you just want the nuts and bolts. The discussion following the lead post is helpful when groups of Liners are researching and testing any changes to the system, developing new theories, etc. Once determinations have been made, the lead post will reflect it.

5 Likes

Every pop-up ad in the entire internet flooded my screen as soon as I clicked that link!!

3 Likes

It wasn’t just shared in the main threads.

There was a recent thread started titled “Genie Modifications Coming” that shared these changes.

2 Likes

There was a new thread for this and I’m sure there will be a new thread anytime anything significant happens. But all you need is the first post in those threads anyway.

1 Like

It’s a change to WDW, but that’s how it’s always worked at DLR.

My adblocker says it blocked 36 elements on that page. I’ve seen some pages where it’s blocked hundreds. I think the largest so far has been 700+.

1 Like